We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sarova Mara or Ashnil Mara Camp?

Which Maasai Mara National Reserve hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
reviews: 23
Sarova Mara or Ashnil Mara Camp?

Hello,

We had decided to stay at Royal Mara but I have sent them repeated email for reservation and phone call as well but no luck! and no reply. We are going in July and we are almost late!

I am now looking at Sarova Mara and Ashnil Mara. Does anyone know if both this places are located inside the park and which park? And do you recommend them and if yes which one?

Thanks for your help in advance :)

Mtwapa, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Newcastle upon Tyne, Bamburi, Mtwapa
reviews: 51
11. Re: Sarova Mara or Ashnil Mara Camp?

cbear,

❝and regarding conservation im pretty sure all the camps interfered with wildlife when it was built, we still saw plenty of rhino :) ❞

This camp was particularly controversial there was a big campaign by conservationist against it, many people still boycott it and Somak as a result

wildlifeextra.com/go/news/somak-kenya.html#cr

telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/africaandindi…

wildlifeextra.com/go/…cr

there was also lots of discussion / argument about it here on TA, this long thread for example

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g294209-i9217-k3…

and several others

Bristol, United...
reviews: 1
12. Re: Sarova Mara or Ashnil Mara Camp?

yes i have seen them.

which is exactly my point, every single camp built in any reserve has interfered with habitats.

nobody can deny that- and i didnt see any there at all- it must have been hiding :s

13. Re: Sarova Mara or Ashnil Mara Camp?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 2:05 pm, April 26, 2013
14. Re: Sarova Mara or Ashnil Mara Camp?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, April 28, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Maasai Mara National...