We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wildlife help

Which Maasai Mara National Reserve hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New Delhi, India
Wildlife help

Hi , I am planning a trip to Kenya and south Africa in end of October. I am a big fan of wildlife, so can somebody help me with the general questions of whether it's a good time to visit and things I should definitely do and not do. So a rough itenary would be great ! Trip would be for around 11 days , and whether Kruger is better or masaai Maara for the first time?

Nairobi, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Kenya
reviews: 150
1. Re: Wildlife help

Masai Mara is far better for game then Kruger. Stick to either Kenya or south Africa. 11 days in Kenya - 4 nights Mara. 3 nights Laikipua. 2 nights Samburu 2 nights Nairobi.

Glasgow, United...
2. Re: Wildlife help

you could do Masai Mara (Kenya) and Serengeti (TZ) this time,

and next time you could do Kruger (SA) and Okavango Delta (Botswana).

and if you do Masai Mara you may still catch some Wildebeest Migration (in Masai Mara & Serengeti) which is probably coming to end around october,

the experiences are different and truly amazing.

all national parks are very different, not only in terms of their inherent ecological character, but also in how they operate from a tourism perspective.

New Delhi, India
3. Re: Wildlife help

Thanks guys, and I am going in end of October is that a good time for game in Kenya?

Nairobi, Kenya
reviews: 2
4. Re: Wildlife help

Yes its a good time for games as you will experience the last movement of Wild beest..Mara also hold the spectacular of some of the big cats (lion,leopard and cheeteh)as they chase the beessts.Also see the Crocodiles as they try their luck by chasing the beests inside the Mara river.

Nairobi, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Kenya
reviews: 150
5. Re: Wildlife help

End of October is good, but there is no telling if the migration will be over or not. However you do not need to be there during the migration as at other times there is always excellent game viewing.

6. Re: Wildlife help

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 am, September 12, 2013