We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best tour operator

Which Maasai Mara National Reserve hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Jakarta, Indonesia
reviews: 7
Best tour operator

Hello, i know it is still early days, but me and my wife are debating going on a trip to Kenya for 10 days next August or October.

We were wondering if there was one standout tour operator that did the maasai mara tours.

I grew up in Kenya (But that was 15 years ago) and have done Maasai Mara, Lake nakuru etc but want to take my wife there to show her part of my history and a place that will always be close to my heart.

I was hoping we could find a nice tour operator, that isn't shady (Dodgy) respects the animals, country, hotels etc.

Any ideas?

It is either that or go and rent a car by ourselves. (Is it still easy enough to do this, and then find a guide to help us?)

Leeds
reviews: 2
1. Re: Best tour operator

Lots and lots to choose from, with plenty of reviews on here to research.

My choice would be Glorious Safaris having used them twice now:

tripadvisor.co.uk/Attraction_Review-g294210-…

My own recent review is in there somewhere too! Drop them a line at shadrack@glorioussafaris.com.

2. Re: Best tour operator

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 10:05 am, August 27, 2012
3. Re: Best tour operator

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 10:05 am, August 27, 2012
jilin china
reviews: 52
4. Re: Best tour operator

I will be traveling to Nairobi by myself in early February. Would love to experience a safari, but want to be safe and the cost to be fair. Where MUST I go ( this is on the bucket list) and what should I do???

thanks

nottinghamshire
reviews: 21
5. Re: Best tour operator

I second Glorious safaris, went with them end of July/August this year to Tsavo, Amboseli, Lake Nakuru and Maasai Mara. They were excellent from start of planning to end of safari, A****

UK
Destination Expert
for Malindi, Ukunda, Kenya
reviews: 6
6. Re: Best tour operator

If you want to do your own thing, rent a car and driver and retrace old haunts, then try Sunworld or Concorde - both very reliable rental operators in Nairobi.

Richard

nyc
7. Re: Best tour operator

I agree with Richard to rent vehicle and guide/driver and do your own... where you want to visit, old and new places to see/stay at your budget. I say guide, as once inside game parks/reserves, not sure with only a driver (per se) you'd get the quality animals sightings if not really a guide.

Correct me Richard if I'm wrong... would a 'driver' only be sufficient?

Edited: 2:00 pm, August 27, 2012
Edinburgh, United...
reviews: 2
8. Re: Best tour operator

We all have our own favourites.

I would happily recommend Liontrails Safaris and particularly their driver/guide Ben Gitari. The website is here: http://www.liontrailssafaris.com/

Reviews on Tripadvisor are here: tripadvisor.co.uk/Attraction_Review-g294207-…

Edited: 6:11 pm, August 27, 2012
UK
Destination Expert
for Malindi, Ukunda, Kenya
reviews: 6
9. Re: Best tour operator

4sandi - that depends. Good spotters' eyes is the main thing. And even a regular driver can have those - they often do. A good guide, though, can tell you a lot about the wildlife and evironment as well. And of course a guide who lives and drives every day in his (or her!) corner of a paricular park or reserve is likely to be best of all.

Sunworld's drivers are all qualified guides, too, whereas Concorde would get you a driver independently, who might or might not be a guide.

Richad

Jakarta, Indonesia
reviews: 7
10. Re: Best tour operator

Thanks for the info.

We are stuck between getting a car and then hiring a guide and doing the tour thing. As it is we have 4 other holidays to book before then (teaching is great :) ) but this is the BIG one that i have been hoping for since i met my wife :)

Would you reccomend August or October 2013 or we may even plump for early june or mid june 2013. Would all of these be good times to go?

Just looking at the website Gorious Safaris look awful. I can't find any prices. We are wanting to do around 3-5 day safari, which has to include the mara, and maybe lake nakuru or amboseili (I can never spell it)

The lion safaris looks like i could do something similar to that for $1600 dollars. Is glorious comparable or do i have to email them?

Get answers to your questions about Maasai Mara National...