We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sekenani or Ol Seki Camp -- any reviews?

Which Maasai Mara National Reserve hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Amsterdam NL
reviews: 15
Sekenani or Ol Seki Camp -- any reviews?

we're going in Nov to MMNR, have yet to make booking for camp, looking at offers now. does anyone have experience with either Sekenani or Ol Seki camp? do they differ much?

also, anyone experienced with a balloon safari? is it worth it?

thnx for all tips and pointers

nyc
1. Re: Sekenani or Ol Seki Camp -- any reviews?

My records show that Ol Seki is closed in November for the "short" rains. So, I'd double-check.

Both are outside the reserve. Sekenani though is closer, immediately outside the Sekenani gate, up in the hills. Lovely quiet spot. Up a stone staircase. It's been years since I've been, but it was charming the, with tradtional safari tents, each with large bathtub in the rear en-suite bathroom. Sleeping tents and dining tent separated by a short suspension bridge. We enjoyed our stay then.

Ol Seki (if open), is new, located outside the park on Koiyaki Group Ranch. A completely different type of canvas bandas and believe a whole lot more expensive than Sekenani.

Hope to visit here in mid-'08.

I don't do heights, so can't comment on the balloon. Some enjoy, others don't. It's personal.

2. Re: Sekenani or Ol Seki Camp -- any reviews?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:20 am, September 08, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Maasai Mara National...