We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lodges in Masai Mara where ordinary people can stay

Which Maasai Mara National Reserve hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Moss, Norway
Lodges in Masai Mara where ordinary people can stay

Does anyone know about places to stay that people can go to, without beeing a millionaire ?

Every hotel/lodges I found on the internett are VERY expencive, please help me..

London
1. Re: Lodges in Masai Mara where ordinary people can stay

One think yo note that the prices quoted for the Masai Mara are often GROUND PACKAGE that means it includes bed, meals, and Game drives, worth rememberig when you are looking at prices

mara hippo is cheaper end

London
2. Re: Lodges in Masai Mara where ordinary people can stay

Sorry that looks like I typed drunk, (chance would be a fine thing)

I meant

One thing you need to consider, the mara accommodation prices are often Ground Package..................

Brussels, Belgium
3. Re: Lodges in Masai Mara where ordinary people can stay

hi,

basecamp explorer,fig tree.

chk out the pics on our blog.

anadventureinafrica.com/traveltipsandcamps.h…

hope it helps

agy

4. Re: Lodges in Masai Mara where ordinary people can stay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:29 am, March 02, 2009
Moss, Norway
5. Re: Lodges in Masai Mara where ordinary people can stay

We are going in november, we are staying in Mombasa for 1 week and in Nakurau for 2 weeks and from Nakuru we want to go to Masai Mara for some days on safari.

But it seems like we dont find lodges/hotels under 300 USD each nights and I think that it very expencive.

I`m not giving up, so I will continue looking and hope we find a place to stay that we afford with :)

Phoenix, Arizona
Destination Expert
for South Africa, Sabi Sand Game Reserve
reviews: 43
6. Re: Lodges in Masai Mara where ordinary people can stay

Park fees are $40 p.p. per day. The safari camps outside the Masai Mara reserve don't have that fee, though they may have a smaller fee, depending on where they are. I don't expect you'll find anything inside the reserve less than $300 per day, if it includes game drives. The Mara Serena has lower rates in the lowest season, but this is for self-drive guests, and doesn't include the park fees:

www.serenahotels.com/kenya/mara/rates.asp

It is the best of the lodge properties within the reserve.

Carmel, California
reviews: 11
7. Re: Lodges in Masai Mara where ordinary people can stay

I've never stayed here but Mara Springs Camp is $55 per person per night full board for their ensuite tents www.mountainrockkenya.com/marasprings.htm

You'll need to add park fees ($40 per person per day). Are you self driving? I couldn't tell if they offered game drives.

Also try contacting Bushbuck Camp www.bushbuckadventures.com/maracamp.html and Duma Camp http://www.duma-mara.com/home.htm

I think those are some of the less expensive options in the Mara area.

Good luck!

Moss, Norway
8. Re: Lodges in Masai Mara where ordinary people can stay

Yes, we are self driving and hope to get a good price on staying in masai mara, even if its looks very expencive when we are going in november.

thank you for everyone who has writing in this post.

kind regards from norway

9. Re: Lodges in Masai Mara where ordinary people can stay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:17 am, September 06, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Maasai Mara National...