We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mara Explorer

Which Maasai Mara National Reserve hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
San Francisco
reviews: 62
Mara Explorer

Hello,

Has anyone stayed here? Is it worth an extra $300 per night over Sekenani? The location looks better, but Sekenani looks gorgeous. I can't find user reviews of either camp anywhere online.

Advice is appreciated!!!

Carmel, California
reviews: 11
1. Re: Mara Explorer

Some comments on Mara Explorer here:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g294209-i9217-k252…

www.fodors.com/forums/threadselect.jsp…

San Francisco
reviews: 62
2. Re: Mara Explorer

Thanks for the quick response Patty.

Have you ever stayed at the Sekenani, or do you know anything about it? I feel like with limited time I should stay in the park, close to the Mara River.

However, the only tented camp still available is the Explorer, which is $300 more per night. As it is this is the most expensive vacation I've ever taken, so I'm not sure if I should spend yet another $300 to be safe or skip it and assume that I will still see all of the action.

I can't tell how long we will be driving for if we stay at Sekenani.

Also, I know you can't promote a specific tour company, but if you know anything about the reputations of either MICS or Mombasa Air Safari and can shed some light onto whether or not they are reputable (will show up on time, be professional, safe, etc) I would appreciate it!

Thanks!!

Carmel, California
reviews: 11
3. Re: Mara Explorer

No, I haven't stayed at either and haven't heard much about Sekenani. Have you checked availability at Naibor or Governors or Little Governors? They'd be in a similar area as Explorer but not as expensive.

From what I've read here, I think booking with either MICS or Mombasa Air Safaris would be fine. Enjoy your trip whatever you decide!

4. Re: Mara Explorer

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:18 am, September 03, 2009