We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Basecamp Explorers in Sept?

Which Maasai Mara National Reserve hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Boston, MA
reviews: 5
Basecamp Explorers in Sept?

Hello everyone, my soon to be wife and I are planning a honeymoon to the Masai Mara this coming September and we are looking for a somewhat rustic, but authentic tenting experience. Ideally we would like to find an operator that would also take us to some of the local villages to learn more about the people of the area. Our current plan is for a trip of about 7-10 days and I was hoping to find something around $200-$250/night...is that possible, and if so would Basecamp explorers be our best bet? I did some research about their organization and it sounds like the perfect fit, but I couldn't find many reviews of them on the site. Any help that you all could provide us with would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for all your help!

Christian

Cburby@hotmail.com

London
1. Re: Basecamp Explorers in Sept?

Hi Christian

can I ask are you thinking of spending the whole of your time in the Maasai Mara?

Boston, MA
reviews: 5
2. Re: Basecamp Explorers in Sept?

Ideally yes, we would like to spend the full amount of time in the Masai. However, if you think that might be too long or too expensive to spend in the Masai (7-8 days), is there something else that you might recommend? We are open to pretty much anything, but our main priority is to go on a camping/safari trip in the Masai.

Thanks for your help!

3. Re: Basecamp Explorers in Sept?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:18 pm, August 29, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Maasai Mara National...