We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

flight from Lamu to Nairobi

Which Lamu Island hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Norwich, United...
reviews: 11
flight from Lamu to Nairobi

I hope to fly from Lamu to Nairobi at the end of January 2014 but I have not been able to book a flight for this far in advance. Can anybody tell me if flights are readily available at short notice. Or advise when flights might be available to book? Which is the best airline?

4 replies to this topic
London, United...
1. Re: flight from Lamu to Nairobi

Ann,

I always use Fly540 to get to the Coast, I just ran a flight to see what they are doing and it seems they are taking bookings up to 22 Jan at the moment! That said, I have never had an issue getting a flight at a few days notice, so I would not get too stressed!

Lamu Island, Kenya
reviews: 28
2. Re: flight from Lamu to Nairobi

Hi,

Fly540 and Air Kenya are ok, Safarilink has small planes. But be aware, Fly540 goes to Jomo Kenyatta Airport (International Airport), the other airlines are going to Nairobi-Wilson Airport. It doesn't matter much except you have a connecting flight.

Otherwise, just try to book your flight in a few months. It's not a problem. January 30th might be during Maulidi Festival but if you book a few months in advance it's absolutely no problem. Maybe by then, even Jambo Jet will be operating. Kenya Airways is still working on its budget airline.

Norwich, United...
reviews: 11
3. Re: flight from Lamu to Nairobi

Thanks. That is really helpful.

Nairobi, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Nairobi, Kenya
reviews: 3
4. Re: flight from Lamu to Nairobi

You should be to secure a seat on Fly540 when you are in Lamu (& book from Fly540 office in Lamu).

In case you want to book in advance, Fly540 does have website for On-Line booking.

Take precaution, i've heard & read of clients losing money thro' Credit Card transactions thro' on-line booking (these are one-off cases ie it's not very common though)

Reply to: flight from Lamu to Nairobi
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Lamu Island
Recent Conversations