We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wildebeeste,Jambo House,Amu house or Yumbe house?

Which Lamu Island hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Wildebeeste,Jambo House,Amu house or Yumbe house?

Planning on visiting lamu this coming August.I have singled out the above places as the ones that fit my budget.Has anyone stayed at these places and if so,please rate them accordingly.

Nairobi, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Nairobi, Kenya
reviews: 3
1. Re: Wildebeeste,Jambo House,Amu house or Yumbe house?

Personally, i would stay @ Shela Beach due to close proximity to beach.

Shela is also less crowded & much cleaner than Lamu.

Lamu is only 30 min walk for Shela or take dhow taxi.

2. Re: Wildebeeste,Jambo House,Amu house or Yumbe house?

Stef thanx but i don't think Shela has budget options to choose from.I'd rather stay in lamu and go to the beach in shela or manda everyday.Thanx anyway.

UK
Destination Expert
for Malindi, Ukunda, Kenya
reviews: 4
3. Re: Wildebeeste,Jambo House,Amu house or Yumbe house?

The problem with Shela is you dont get the atmosphere of Lamu town, which is after all the main reason (to me) to visit the island in the first place. Shela is a holiday homes development that has pretty much squashed the life out of what was a pretty village 30 years ago. Happily that sort of change hasn't happened in Lamu town.

Richard

Randers, Denmark
4. Re: Wildebeeste,Jambo House,Amu house or Yumbe house?

I have only stayed in Jambo House http://jambohouse.com/en/index.htm so can't tell if it's better or worse than your other options. All I know is that I was very happy with the stay--Arnold is a great host, rooms were clean, and the mattresses some of the best I experienced in cheap Kenyan lodgings :-)

Enjoy your trip /Jesper

5. Re: Wildebeeste,Jambo House,Amu house or Yumbe house?

Thanx Jesper.

6. Re: Wildebeeste,Jambo House,Amu house or Yumbe house?

Yankari,exactly my point of view.Thanx though.

7. Re: Wildebeeste,Jambo House,Amu house or Yumbe house?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:17 pm, July 09, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Lamu Island
Recent Conversations