We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

chale paradise island hotel

Which Lamu Island hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
gloucester
Level Contributor
23 posts
7 reviews
chale paradise island hotel

This hotel is the one being quoted as overnight accommodation on a trip to Lamu on F.Kings Safari website. Could it possibly be known as something else - there are pictures of it on the website.

Thanks

UK
Destination Expert
for Malindi, Ukunda, Kenya
Level Contributor
4,453 posts
6 reviews
1. Re: chale paradise island hotel

I think it's a website mixup. There's no Chale in the Lamu area, to the best of my knowledge. I'm pretty sure it's a Mijikenda name.

Richard

Geneva2009
Level Contributor
1 post
308 reviews
2. Re: chale paradise island hotel

Chale island is a small isle about 1.5 hour south of Diani Beach. You get on the island by tractor or boat (depending tide) - only about 500 m distance.

Watch out for overpriced day-stays. They charged us KSCH 5'000 per person to have lunch (buffet) - much much overpriced

there are many other places nicer and better in the ara

Somerset
Destination Expert
for Mombasa, Diani Beach, Kenya
Level Contributor
6,840 posts
19 reviews
3. Re: chale paradise island hotel

I thoroughly enjoyed Chale Island. Very relaxing, good food and the penthouse in the tower amazing. Didn't particularly enjoy the journey from the end of the tarmac down to the end of the mainland where, as you said, you get either the boat or tractor as it was very bumpy. Would go again with a cushion for the journey.

4. Re: chale paradise island hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:36 am, June 09, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Lamu Island
Recent Conversations