We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Immigration into Kenya at Nairobi Airport

Which Nairobi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Torquay, United...
reviews: 9
Immigration into Kenya at Nairobi Airport

We believe that there is a good and quicker way of getting through the long-winded immigration proceedures on arrival at NBO airport.

We already have our visas for Kenya.

Can anyone give us some tips.

Thanks,

Polyvo

Dorset
reviews: 12
1. Re: Immigration into Kenya at Nairobi Airport

Hi. If you already have your visas you should just walk through in no time. Regards

Dublin, Ireland
reviews: 100
2. Re: Immigration into Kenya at Nairobi Airport

Last time I went through the airport if you keep left at the immigration desks there is another whole line of desks around the corner which have shorter queues. They're not always open though! If you have visas already walk quickly towards the queues and hope you get there before the hordes - good luck, I've spent many hours standing in those lines and I had a resident's permit.

Carmel, California
reviews: 11
3. Re: Immigration into Kenya at Nairobi Airport

Either way, you wait or don't wait, whether you have a visa or not. The queue lengths just depend on how many flights have arrived at the same time and how quickly you deplane. No special tricks that I'm aware of.

I've never found the immigration procedure at NBO to be long winded (luggage off loading is another thing) and have never waited more than 5 minutes to buy a visa on arrival. Sometimes the queue for those who already have visas is longer than the queue for buying visas.

The last time I entered was in late November and the immigration area was set up with 4 counters consisting of ones for passengers who needed visas, passengers who already had visas, Kenyan and East African residents, and airline crew.

Bungoma, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Kenya
reviews: 2
4. Re: Immigration into Kenya at Nairobi Airport

Whoever told you the process is long winded must have had an unusual experience some time ago. As Patty says, it just depends on how many large planes are off loading passengers at the same time.

I came back last week and was through very quickly because there were no other planes arriving at the same time.

You do need to fill in an entry card. You may be given this on the plane - if not, have a pen ready.

Then choose the shortest queue and hope there is nobody with a problem ahead of you!

Travel well.

Torquay, United...
reviews: 9
5. Re: Immigration into Kenya at Nairobi Airport

Many thanks to everyone who supplied the info, much appreciated, we have obviously been somewhat incorrectly informed at an earlier date re immigration into Kenya.

Belated Happy New Year 2007 to you all.

Polyvo

6. Re: Immigration into Kenya at Nairobi Airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:22 am, August 23, 2009