We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need Advice

Which Nairobi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Ghana NGO Volunteers
Need Advice

My wife and I will be in Nairobi last week 02/07 and wanted to do a few day or short over night trips out of the city. Can you recommend a decent ecomonical place to stay, safe and convenient to travel, whether we should rent a car to travel etc. TX! Tom & Donna

Bungoma, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Kenya
reviews: 2
1. Re: Need Advice

I use the ACK Guest House. (Non smoking and non alcohol). Very helpful and friendly. They have a vehicle or can help you to hire a good taxi. (Anglican Church of Kenya). There is a website.

Look at two other forum posts about self drive and using a car with driver. I think one is "It may be a silly question, but.." and the other is "Self Drive". Both are near the top!

Hope that helps a little,

Ann (also a volunteer!!)

London, United...
reviews: 13
2. Re: Need Advice

My personal recommendation would be The Oakwood Hotel in Kimathi Street opposite the Stanley for wear to stay as for hiring a car haven't got a clue but there are plenty of reliable taxis around!

Mombasa
3. Re: Need Advice

If you feel obliged to cost, then you could try a host stay with a comfortable secure room and a good rate (economical)...out of the bustle of town. contact me on laurekuria@yahoo.com...optional

Dublin, Ireland
reviews: 101
4. Re: Need Advice

I wouldn't rent a car, it's not much more expensive to get a car and driver and if you're not used to driving in Kenya it can be a little stressful!

Mombasa, Kenya
5. Re: Need Advice

Hi,

I have a car and I have been doing the work of driving tourists and foreigners who request my services. I am conversant with the kind of road network we have here. I can also arrange for you airport ransfers from the airport to your hotel. I can also book for you a good hotel of your choice depending on your budget. I can arrange to drive you to see the local communities in areas where security is good. I can also arrange for you a safari. Feel free to check at my website www.freewebs.com/kenyanguide

6. Re: Need Advice

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:16 pm, August 21, 2009