We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

sheldrick elephant orphanage

Which Nairobi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
manhattan, New york...
sheldrick elephant orphanage

I'll have a day in Nairobi....staying at the Nairobi Serena hotel......i would like to go to the sheldrick Elephant orphanage .....should i ask the hotel to hire a guide for me or is it safe for me to go there by myself? Would i take a taxi there and be able to get a taxi back to the hotel? or....are there one-day tours that would pick me up at the hotel?

Carmel, California
reviews: 11
1. Re: sheldrick elephant orphanage

Either way would be fine. A taxi can take you there and bring you back, no problem. Ask the taxi to wait for you. Keep in mind the orphanage is only open to the public from 11:00 to noon unless you're a foster parent in which case you can pre-arrange a late afternoon visit.

2. Re: sheldrick elephant orphanage

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:21 am, August 22, 2009