We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

advice on arriving in Nairobi

Which Nairobi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Bristol
advice on arriving in Nairobi

i arrive late at night at the international airport on 19th JAN , is it best to have a visa before? does it take along time to obtain at the airport.

staying at Saravo Stanley Hotel, are the taxis at the aiport safe or is it advisable to book taxi through Hotel, and what n i expect to pay for the fare?

London, United...
reviews: 13
1. Re: advice on arriving in Nairobi

How late? If you are talking up to about 9pm. It wont be a problem getting your visa, and you wont need to download it before you go, plenty at the airport - just make sure your 1 of the first off the plane and you'll be through customs real quick , the worst it has taken me is 20 minutes.

Yes, they are fairly safe but you must distinguish them from the touts, My Kenyan wife use 2 or 3 taxi drivers on a regular basis, once I'm in nairobi again I'll post a couple of mobile numbers for you, - somewhere round the 2nd or 3rd of Jan if they agree. No more than Ksh1200 is what you should pay.

yes, you can get the hotel to book it for you but then you will pay through the nose for it - in dollars, o one will have any change and the hotel gets a cut of the drivers fee, book one direct and let him have al the money with no hotel commisson - better for his family.

2. Re: advice on arriving in Nairobi

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:18 pm, August 21, 2009