We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Please advice about shopping at Nairobi

Which Nairobi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
india
reviews: 3
Please advice about shopping at Nairobi

Hi I am in Nairobi only for a day please advice should i mane a trip to the Village market or should I opt for the City market.

Please advice

Stoke-on-Trent...
reviews: 2
1. Re: Please advice about shopping at Nairobi

village market and if you time it right there may be the masai market on on the same day

chicago
2. Re: Please advice about shopping at Nairobi

Depends on how much money you want to spend. high budget go to the village market low budget city market (not soo low).

Vancouver
reviews: 18
3. Re: Please advice about shopping at Nairobi

I did Village Market. It was so much easier and the quality was excellent. Kikoy cloth (in Kikoy store) is about 900 Shillings. You can get it a lot cheaper in Lamu Town, but you'd have to fly there to benefit from the cost.

London, UK
reviews: 2
4. Re: Please advice about shopping at Nairobi

Village market is in a very posh area of Nairobi (Gigiri) with one of the UN headquarters very close and the prices reflects those. Although it is quite safe and very convinient as you can get everything in one place. City Market will be cheaper and you will get to experience a lot more authentic ambinece of a market as it is based in 'downtown' Nairobi. Where abouts will you be staying?

5. Re: Please advice about shopping at Nairobi

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 pm, August 19, 2009