We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New charters to Mombasa

Which Nairobi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
reviews: 13
New charters to Mombasa

Anyone travelled to Mombasa on My Travel Airways Yet and how did you find it good, bad indifferent please tell, thinking about returning to Kenya on the 2nd Jan for a couple of weeks to give the wife a major surprise -she doesn know yet

London, United...
1. Re: New charters to Mombasa

Anyone know anything on the Monarch, First Choice or My Travel Charters to Mombasa please

england
reviews: 1
2. Re: New charters to Mombasa

I have flown Monarch. It is cheap but definitley cattle truck class. First Choice advertsise extra leg room. I should think that all the charter flights are pretty much the same purgatory - but worth it when you get there. There are some good deals if you can be flexible.

North East England
reviews: 11
3. Re: New charters to Mombasa

Highly recommend flying First Choice airways leg ptich in standard is now 33 inches!!! We have used them for our last 4-5 holidays and are flying to Kenya with them 20th Dec

plymouth england
Destination Expert
for Kenya
4. Re: New charters to Mombasa

hi, AAHW,

Firts Choice are very good , the upgrade is well eworth the money you get bif air filled leather seats with huge squashy neck pillows and a blanket.. plus the food was well presented and there were plenty of drinks both soft and alcoholic...the seat back tvs were good .

i do know of friends who have not booked an upgrade and they have spoken highly of the comfy seats..but lack of drinks and snacks so you could always pack an extra drink and snack.....

i have also seen on this post tthat Kenya Airways are very good .

have a look at the airline websites and sometimes you cansee the seatinfg arrangements......

You know for all the bad reviews on African Safari Club their airplane is very roomy and the seats are comfortable...and you get plenty od drinks ...given to you or on request,...

what a lovely surprise for your wife.... my old man couldn`t organize a p*** up in a brewery.... but he`s stil breathing so that is enough for me !!!!

england
reviews: 1
5. Re: New charters to Mombasa

I always fly Kenya Airways now. It is a bit more expensive than charter but worth it. However you will have to connect with the Mombasa flight at Jomo Kenyatta airport - not a big problem, but dont be tempted to arrive at night in Nairobi.

The leg room is great, the staff are freindly and you feel valued as a passenger.

London, United...
reviews: 8
6. Re: New charters to Mombasa

Not sure if I picked this up from this forum or one of the others but I thought it was quite interesting...

http://www.seatguru.com/

You can look up the airline and type of plane and then get a run down of all the seating arrangements, where the good seats are, where the seats are to avoid etc...

London, United...
7. Re: New charters to Mombasa

Thanks for all the Info given-The reason Ispecified the Charters were even with the fuel surcharge they are still a hell of a lot less than going with the Scheduled Airlines-

Edna(drakesdrum)- I know Kenya are very good travelled with them on return from my honeymoon & I dont believe there's a man who cant organise a ####-up in the proverbial brewery(lol)

Quick review of those I've travelled on so far

SWISS-NBO-Zurich- very Good

SWISS-Zurich-LHR-very good

Swiss -LHR-Zurich- Very Good

HAPAG LLOYD(Part of TUI) - Zurich-NBO-No Telly, Film or Radio but excellent Service (take A book)

Kenya Airways-NBO-AMS-Fantastic apart from 1 officious little twerp in the guise of a Shop steward -oops I mean steward

KLM - Short Hop to LHR- AMS-Very Good-

KLM - AMS -NBO - C#*p!

Brittania(now thomson fly) average

BA-Very Good - Both directions LHR-NBO

8. Re: New charters to Mombasa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:20 pm, August 17, 2009