We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

wat are the best things n cheap places to shop at nairobi

Which Nairobi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
maharastra
wat are the best things n cheap places to shop at nairobi

i m goin to nairobi from the 24 dec to 2nd jan and i would lik eeto know the "must" buy articles. i wolud also like to know how will the weather be there right now.

Thank you.

Dakar, Senegal
reviews: 141
1. Re: wat are the best things n cheap places to shop at nairobi

Nairobi is great for interesting artifacts....if you like that kind of stuff...the Sarit Centre has a lovely shop on the ground floor that sells beautiful things all made locally, they are not outrageously expensive...

There is a market that happens at different locations friday for example is on the roof top out at the Village Market place, you will find a great range of Maasai beads, and so much more...they turn up at YaYA centre on sundays...i enjoy these places as its not a huge tourist venue...and lots of expat locals shop here, so the prices are not the hugely inflated tourist prices.

The giraffe rehabilitation sanctury out at Karen has a lovely giftshop as well, and there is a guy who makes the most beautiful Maasai Dolls, each one has a different expression, they cost around $15 each...and I have rarely seen him anywhere else, his dolls are so unique...

Tanzanite gems are an excellant buy, I found the prices to be a little cheaper sometimes than Tanzania because they were slower to react to market increases...a good shop is in the gallery area of the Stanley Hotel, there is also a really good bookshop there, the indian lady who runs it, seems to stock some beautiful African Books not usually seen in the run of the mill places....

Make the most of your shopping, and remember always inquire as to whether thats the best price....its best to be polite, non agressive, and you will suceed without fail!

safari njema

2. Re: wat are the best things n cheap places to shop at nairobi

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:37 am, August 17, 2009