We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

travelling tonairobi with kids

Which Nairobi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
uk
2 posts
travelling tonairobi with kids

Iam travelling to nairobi in two weeks i have no idea where to lookfor a hotel which is safe,clean with good services...please advice.

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,156 posts
13 reviews
1. Re: travelling tonairobi with kids

How old are the children and give us an idea what you're looking for and some of us will then try to help, also what sort of budget havey you got?

uk
2 posts
2. Re: travelling tonairobi with kids

Hi,amtravelling with a gal of 10, aboy of 6 and a baby... Amnot too keen on the budget just the places, safety,cleanliness....

Amsterdam
7 posts
3. Re: travelling tonairobi with kids

Hi, try these hotels: Holiday Inn, Nairobi Safari Park, Landmark Hotel, Windsor Hotel. They are in good locations and are very presentable.

Bungoma, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Kenya
Level Contributor
2,592 posts
2 reviews
4. Re: travelling tonairobi with kids

Another alternative is one of the Church Guest Houses - if you don't drink or smoke.

Dakar, Senegal
Level Contributor
318 posts
154 reviews
5. Re: travelling tonairobi with kids

Nairobi can be expensive....the hotels I have stayed in...Boulevard...filthy, full of backpackers who partied all night, would suggest you stay away from this one....

Holiday Inn, was very nice, they have a great family room, but you must ask for it when booking as the normal rooms are very small, they have a nice pool and breakfast is fantastic...they also have the South African Steers hamburger diner there, which is VERY child friendly, they gave mine balloons and colouring in pencils...

Stanley...I love the location here, right in town, and they have some great family style places to eat just within a minutes walk...nice pool, and they too have several family rooms...this is good if location is important.

Norfolk....over priced and pretenious..I would not stay here again, didn't like the other guests attitude to having children eat breakfast in the same room.....

Fairview...great family hotel, feels like a country location with beautiful gardens and a lovely pool..quite close to everything, but not walking distance...good family rooms.

Serena, I like the staff here, service is amazing, and its got a posh feel but open and airy, lovely rooms...safe.

In my travels I have found it best to book direct to the hotel, check what the best rate is on one of the "other" websites and see they will match it..then when you get there, the hotel usually looks after you so much better, and the little things like organising a cot has been done direct to the hotel without any disputes.

Cheers

6. Re: travelling tonairobi with kids

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 pm, August 20, 2009