We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day trips / safaris

Which Nairobi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
england
reviews: 1
Day trips / safaris

we arive in Nairobi 20 nov for 8 days and would like to go on day trips ,staying at Serena, looking for safe tours that dont brake the bank

Augsburg, Germany
reviews: 5
1. Re: Day trips / safaris

Hi,

there are some possibilities. You can visit the Nairobi National Park. One of the only places to view wild animals in front of the skyline from Nairobi.

There are even many different restaurants to visit (maybe The Carnivore) and it is even very nice in the late afternoon, to sit in the Thorn Tree Cafe (The Stanley Hotel), have a drink and look to the people.

There are diferent markets (especially the Masai market, i guess, on tuesday), worth to visit.

It is always good, if you ask somebody from the staff in Serena, if they know a taxidriver for you. You can make a city tour or something else.

The other things are to visit Karen Blixen Museum or the Langata Giraffe Center.

As i remember, there is also a Snake Park and Nairobi has even a Mamba Village, a small crocodile farm, where it is posslible to eat.

If you search a little bit in the Internet, you will find many possibilities and you will see, 8 days are not so long.

Bye

Chrissy

Amsterdam
2. Re: Day trips / safaris

Hi Stevie

There are several tours that you can go for. You can have excursions to mt longonot, crater lake in naivasha, Thompson fall s in the aberdare, lake bogoria and baringo birdwatching, amboseli national park game viewing as well as a host of nairobi city excurisons to karen blixen, giraffe center. I am sure you wont have to dig deep into your pocket.

If you dont mind, visit www.ealuxuryshuttle.com/safaris.html for a hint of tours that wont hurt your pocket. You can tailor your trip to suit your arrangement although they already have some packages ranging from 1 to 14 days in Kenya and Tanzania some of which are really affordable. The main thing is that you can get an idea of which spots are hotspots for safaris in east africa. thanks see you... I have a shuttle to arusha to catch.

Rhossis.

3. Re: Day trips / safaris

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:18 pm, August 26, 2009