We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Please recommend Sarova Panafric or Holiday Inn

Which Nairobi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
india
reviews: 3
Please recommend Sarova Panafric or Holiday Inn

I'll be staying at nairobi for a day.my first day in Africa with my friend and

parents.

which hotel is best suited with regards to proximty to the city centre.

I have a visit to the national park in the morning and then plan on visiting the weekly(tue) martket at globe roundabout.

London, United...
reviews: 1
1. Re: Please recommend Sarova Panafric or Holiday Inn

Neither of them are particularly near (walking distance) from the city centre. Although Panafric would be much easier to get to for the city centre as well as the national park. The Holiday Inn is probably a slightly better hotel, but for your needs the Panafric would be much better suited. The Holiday Inn is actually in a residential area near a popular shopping mall.

If you want to stay in the city centre - in the same price bracket I'd recommend either the 680 hotel or the New Stanley. Both are very good hotels.

Good Luck

kenya
reviews: 14
2. Re: Please recommend Sarova Panafric or Holiday Inn

as per your interests i think you'll like the panafric, hotel

thank you cruz

india
reviews: 3
3. Re: Please recommend Sarova Panafric or Holiday Inn

thank you so much for the help

ottawa
reviews: 54
4. Re: Please recommend Sarova Panafric or Holiday Inn

I would skip both of these hotels and stay at the Fairview ..this is an excellent hotel for dollar value ..the buffet breakfast is the best in Nairobi ...nothing is comparable ...the staff are totally excellent and they will make sure that you will get the best transportation to where ever you want to go ...the hotel security is paramount and as an added security benefit the Embassy of Isreal is across the street ...no messing around here ,The grounds are like a botanical garden so it is really is a "hotel in the country "... I just returned from staying a month in Kenya ...the Fairview was my first and last destination ..I will be returning there for my next visit ..NO HESITATION !

London, United...
reviews: 13
5. Re: Please recommend Sarova Panafric or Holiday Inn

If you want to be in the city Centre the Hotels to stay at are

The Oakwood, The Stanley - both on Kimathi Street and opposite each other

and

The 680

I know nothing about the 680 but I have stayed at The Oakwood and was given good service and the staff were extremely helpful

The Stanmley appeared to be good and was given a good report by people staying there though I found their service rather Slow when I used there cafe

Edmonton, AB
6. Re: Please recommend Sarova Panafric or Holiday Inn

Would anyone be able to please tell me the approximate travel time from Jomo Kenyatta Airport to the Fairview Hotel and from Wilson Airport to the Fairview Hotel? Thank you.

Northern California
reviews: 56
7. Re: Please recommend Sarova Panafric or Holiday Inn

Travel time depends a lot on the time of day -- traffic. At best 25-30 minutes from Kenyatta to the Fairview and 15 minutes or so to Wilson. I might add that I have stayed at the Fairview 4 times and had problems with the room 3 of the 4 times. I decided not to stay there a 5th time. I traveled in 2004 and again last summer with my teenage daughter. A local Nairobi company made our reservations. My one constant requirement was twin beds. Only once did the hotel get that right, even though I know that was stressed to them when the reservations were made. All but one time, we were sent to really crumby rooms far away from the main building. I could list other problems. Most people love the hotel. I have had nothing but indifferent service (at best) and below standard accomodations there.

8. Re: Please recommend Sarova Panafric or Holiday Inn

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 pm, August 24, 2009