We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

giraffe centre / animal orphanage

Which Nairobi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
london
reviews: 8
giraffe centre / animal orphanage

hi all, i was wondering if anyone new the opening timnes for the giraffe centre or aniumal orphange and if a group of us (13) can just turn up on the day?

thanks ep

plymouth england
Destination Expert
for Kenya
reviews: 13
1. Re: giraffe centre / animal orphanage

hi

the times used to be ;Mon-fri 2-5.30

sat-sun 10-5.30

it used to be closed in the morning to allow the children to visit but this was three years ago and we did not book in advance

Carmel, California
reviews: 11
2. Re: giraffe centre / animal orphanage

Which animal orphanage, the KWS one or Sheldrick? Sheldrick is only open to the public between 11:00 and noon. KWS orphanage is open all day but I'm unsure of the exact hours.

Ohio
3. Re: giraffe centre / animal orphanage

Have a free day in nairobi..any suggestions? Thinking of Sheldrick Animal Orphanage and Giraffe Manor. Have also heard about KWS Orphanage and the Giraffe Center. Responses?

Mish

Carmel, California
reviews: 11
4. Re: giraffe centre / animal orphanage

Giraffe Manor www.giraffemanor.com is a place of accomodation. Next to the Manor is the Giraffe Centre which is open to the public for hand feeding of Rothschild giraffe.

The Giraffe Centre, Sheldrick and KWS Orphanage can all be easily visited in one day. You should plan your schedule around the public viewing hour at Sheldrick. The others are open all day.

Washington, DC
reviews: 12
5. Re: giraffe centre / animal orphanage

I just called the KWS (Kenya Wildlife Service) and the Nairobi Animal Orphanage is open from 8am-6pm every day.

Qualicum Beach...
reviews: 48
6. Re: giraffe centre / animal orphanage

I was there last month. I went to the Giraffe Centre first....at 9:00 a.m. and then scooted over to the Sheldrick Elephant Orphanage for 11:00 a.m. There was no problem with either place getting in and a group of 13 would not be a challenge. Then I went to Mamba Village to see the crocs, the ostriches and just relax in the gardens there - have a bite to eat...and finally, ended up at Bomas of Kenya. Was a good day and I saw alot.

Dorset
reviews: 13
7. Re: giraffe centre / animal orphanage

It is open for one hour I think between 11 and 12am. Check with any Taxi driver

8. Re: giraffe centre / animal orphanage

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:20 am, August 19, 2009