We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sleeping in Nairobi

Which Nairobi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Porto, Portugal
reviews: 1
Sleeping in Nairobi

I will have to sleep on night (same hours) in Nairobi before starting a safari. Can anyone recomend an hotel with good quality/price not far from de airport?

6 replies to this topic
Sydney, Australia
1. Re: Sleeping in Nairobi

Hi LDGAS

Nice hotels near airport are Panari hotel and EKA Hotel

nyc
2. Re: Sleeping in Nairobi

You can add Ole Sereni to the above. None cheap, but clean, with good restaurants and only 15/min from airport. Farther into town would be Fairview or Country Inn,, rates a bit lower.

Michigan
reviews: 54
3. Re: Sleeping in Nairobi

I'd only choose Ole Sereni if you like sleeping on a board (because the beds are extremely hard and uncomfortable, even in an upgraded room) and if you have 2-3 hours to wait for your meal (ate in the restaurant overlooking the park and that's how long it took to get the waiter's attention, get our order placed, have the food brought and have the bill brought - I finally got up and asked for the bill). I did a review of the hotel with photos, including the frayed towels. Couldn't drag me back into that place.

Australia
reviews: 15
4. Re: Sleeping in Nairobi

Which airport are you leaving from for your safari? If you are leaving from wilson airport, you could think of staying at the east africa aeroclub. It is located within wilson airport, which makes it very convenient for departure. It is clean, comfortable, and quite reasonably priced.

Nairobi, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Nairobi, Kenya
reviews: 3
5. Re: Sleeping in Nairobi

AeroClub is perfect for a single traveller.

reviews: 64
6. Re: Sleeping in Nairobi

Hi.

This would depend on where your safari is for.

1. If it is for Nairobi National Park, Aero Club - 30min from JKIA in traffic and 10min from the park gate.

2. If it is for Mara, Naivasha, or Western Kenya, you are better of sleeping in the city or in Westlands - Many economic options from US$ 50.00 (Hotel Boulevard) to US$ 300.00 (Kempinski or Sankara).

3. If it is for Tsavo or any where south of Kenya, Eka, Ole Sereni and Panari are your only options.

Trust this helps.

Regards,

Reply to: Sleeping in Nairobi
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted