We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Naivasha Sopa Lodge and Keekorok Lodge

Which Nairobi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Salt Lake City, Utah
reviews: 62
Naivasha Sopa Lodge and Keekorok Lodge

We are going to Kenya at the end of July on Safari. We will be at Naivasha and Keekorok. I cannot find on the internet if they take credit cards for food. I am assuming they do. Does anyone know definatively? Also, are the lodges isolated? Do you spend your time in the lodge after safari?

Thanks

6 replies to this topic
nyc
1. Re: Naivasha Sopa Lodge and Keekorok Lodge

If both the Sopa and Keekorok booked thru a tour outfitter your meals and game drives along with park fees should be included. Drinks - water, soda, beer, wine - will be extra and both should accept plastic, though if it doesn't amount to much you're often better paying with local currency.... Kenyan Shillings that you can obtain from an ATM or Fores office in Nairobi.

At night after dinner you are stuck in your hotels as you are out in the bush, thus wild animals... not the place to go for a stroll. Besides, with early game drives starting at 6am and dinner previous evening concluding about 9:30pm, most are asleep by 10pm... where do you plan to go? and why? You can though walk around the grounds, if permitted and if so with an askari (guard) to be assured your safe. Many properties are unfenced so not unusual for wild game to meet you on a pathway.

Salt Lake City, Utah
2. Re: Naivasha Sopa Lodge and Keekorok Lodge

We are leaving on the 26th of this month and we are going on a family safari. I'm just trying to figure out how much cash I need to take

Salt Lake City, Utah
3. Re: Naivasha Sopa Lodge and Keekorok Lodge

We are going with a tour company

Nairobi, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Kenya
reviews: 150
4. Re: Naivasha Sopa Lodge and Keekorok Lodge

For a family of 4, US$100 per day would be more then enough to cover drinks and laundry. Allow extra for tips and souvenirs. We normally pay all extras at the lodge by credit card, and cash for tips.

Nairobi, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Nairobi, Kenya
reviews: 3
5. Re: Naivasha Sopa Lodge and Keekorok Lodge

I've stayed at Sopa. They should accept Credit Cards, it's a large, reputable Group of Hotels.

Not much game viewing at Naivasha. You can view herbivorous game at Crater Lake. Nakuru NP is only 1 hours drive from Naivasha. It's Worth the journey.

Dublin
6. Re: Naivasha Sopa Lodge and Keekorok Lodge

Both lodges are encourage full board or Half board bookings and therefore the payments you will make and the voucher you will receive either from them directly or your booking tour agent will obviously show what you have paid; accommodation plus meal plan.

In the event that you will have to order much more that indicated paid on the voucher.. like drinks, then these ones you can pay direct using your credit card. Both lodges accept credit cards.

On isolation issue you raised: Naivasha sopa lodge is on Moi south road within Naivasha, 95kms from Nairobi city and less than 5kms from Naivasha town, It is not issolated from other lodges near by but note that it is in its own compound with access to the Lake; On the Keekorok lodge it is with Masai Mara, note these lodges area in different resort points. Masai Mara is 275kms from Nairobi; You itinerary will guide you on where your driver guide takes you first.

Nice safari!

Reply to: Naivasha Sopa Lodge and Keekorok Lodge
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted