We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Binoculars?

Which Nairobi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Durham, North...
Binoculars?

I am currently packing for an upcoming trip to Nairobi that will include a 5 day safari. I was wondering if anyone could tell me if there is somewhere,easy to get to from the airport area to buy an inexpensive pair of binoculars?

I am currently living in Saudi Arabia and I can only find one place here in Riyadh that sells them, between my work schedule, not being able to drive, and Ramadan I don't think I'm going to be able to get out there to even look. I'm doing an inexpensive tour for my safari and tips say having your own binoculars make for much better viewing.

Thanks in advance for all your help!

Neesie

4 replies to this topic
Nairobi, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Kenya
reviews: 150
1. Re: Binoculars?

Where will you be flying via to get to Nairobi? You could try duty free shops in transit.

Unfortunately Nairobi is relatively expensive for consumer goods. Most driver/guides have a pair, and normally do not mind sharing.

Durham, North...
2. Re: Binoculars?

Thanks roadwarriorafrica,

That answered my question perfectly. I know the tour I'm on will have a couple of pairs, but they have to be shared between the group.

I will only have a brief stop over in Jeddah, and don't expect to be able to find them there, but I will be taking a look.

Nairobi, Kenya
3. Re: Binoculars?

Hi Neesie,

I would not bet on the drivers/guides binoculars. Visit www.cameraskenya.com or rather call them up and ask them what they have. Email me on info@beyond-wilderness.com to share pricelists with you or review.

Durham, North...
4. Re: Binoculars?

BeyondWilderness,

I was actually able to borrow a pair from a co-worker here so I am all packed up and ready to go. Thanks so much for the info and the offer of help.

Peace, Denise

Reply to: Binoculars?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted