We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Changing Airlines in Nairobi without the second boarding pas

Which Nairobi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Appleton, Wisconsin
reviews: 3
Changing Airlines in Nairobi without the second boarding pas

If I fly into Nairobi on Precision and out on BA but have not been in a position to print my BA boarding pass, will I be able to do that or have an agent do that in the international transit area, or will I have to go through Kenyan immigration, get the boarding pass and then come back through. I will have only carry on luggage.

4 replies to this topic
Nairobi, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Kenya
reviews: 150
1. Re: Changing Airlines in Nairobi without the second boarding pas

Just show your onward ticket copy to be able to transit. Head to the transit desk to get your BA boarding pass.

Appleton, Wisconsin
reviews: 3
2. Re: Changing Airlines in Nairobi without the second boarding pas

So I would just show a printed copy of my ticket information from BA... right?... basically a print out of the email I get from BA when I make the reservation.

nyc
3. Re: Changing Airlines in Nairobi without the second boarding pas

Absolutely - on deplaning the Precision flight, head to the Transit Desk (airside) for them to provide the BA boarding pass.

Unless you have carryon bags, request that Precision label any checked luggage thru to the UK (check the tags); if not you'll have to get someone from the Transit Desk to assist collecting your bags to be checked from the carousel to be rechecked for the homebound BA flight. You should not have to pay for a Kenya Visa, whether Transit (USD$20), or full (USD$50). Of course if you have been earlier in Kenya you should already have a Kenya Visa in your passport.

4. Re: Changing Airlines in Nairobi without the second boarding pas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 12:05 am, October 17, 2014

Reply to: Changing Airlines in Nairobi without the second boarding pas
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted