We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

carnivoure restaurant .nairobu

Which Nairobi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
derbyshire ,uk
reviews: 14
carnivoure restaurant .nairobu

hi has any one tried the carnivoure reataurant ? what exactly do you get to eat and most important was it nice?

London
11. Re: carnivoure restaurant .nairobu

Some of you say that you should book the carnivoure restaurant . What is the best way to do this.

We have a whole day to kill in Nairobi, our flight arrives at 6.30am and we dont fly to our Safari until the next day.

Is it best to get your hotal to do it (we are staying at the holiday inn), or phone yourself?

Also, what is the best way to get to and from the restaurant, just grab a cab? I must admit I am a bit wary about leaving the safety of the hotel =))

Near London
reviews: 51
12. Re: carnivoure restaurant .nairobu

You can book by email through their website www.tamarind.co.ke. If you get a official taxi (1 with a yellow stripe down the side) you will be ok but agree the price up front and make sure they take you to the hotel door. Carnivore is really good fun and the food is cheap by british standards but beware the drink prices which are anything but cheap. Nairobi is a nice city in the daylight but be very careful at night. Don't forget the average wage in Kenya is only 3000 Ksh a month (~£23) so rich tourists with expensive jewellery are a big temptation.

Qualicum Beach...
reviews: 45
13. Re: carnivoure restaurant .nairobu

I was there last month with a group of about 20. None of us wanted to go to the all you can eat buffet as we all felt the cost was too much for what you get - or for what we could eat. We ordered individual meals but got nothing more exotic than beef, lamb, chicken, ostrich. I guess they save the more exotic fare for the high-rollers. It was an experience though and I am glad we went, but the food wasn't all that good either. Tough meat....and no explanation as to what it was, although most of us could identify all of it.

Near London
reviews: 51
14. Re: carnivoure restaurant .nairobu

Too Much for what you got? For 1300Ksh you wouldn't even get a main course in England never a full blown 3 course as much as you can eat banquet such as in Carnivore.

Qualicum Beach...
reviews: 45
15. Re: carnivoure restaurant .nairobu

It would have been approx $25 USD for the buffet - and yes, that is less expensive than some three course meals I would get over here in Canada, but we felt that the option (I think most of us ended up paying approx $9 USD) more than offered us a selection of the meat...except it DIDN'T....because they only served standard meats. They are limited on the amount of game they are allowed to serve now as well, so we decided that the experience was more BEING there than eating the food....I have no regrets.

the world
reviews: 6
16. Re: carnivoure restaurant .nairobu

Carnivore is a interesting experience but now that they can no longer serve exotic meats, the food is average and the meats are quite hard, as always in Kenya. Dont' expect something extraordinary. However try the "Dawa cocktail", it's worth it.

Haandi restaurant is good but it is a very sad place, entirely indoors, where you will easily fall asleep. I would rather suggest that you try one of the numerous places in Nairobi where you can eat outdoors.

military-all over...
17. Re: carnivoure restaurant .nairobu

If you are comfortable with your place at the top of the food chain, then this is the place for you. Keep in mind that restaurants are no longer allowed to serve bush meat--once the big draw of The Carnivore. You will eat in an atmosphere more authentic than Disney's Animal Kingdom, but the general idea is the same. It's a tourist attraction that many 'locals' (ex pats, etc) take guests to have a good time. Three times is plenty. There is a playground and a menu as well as the beast feast. Logo items are available. It's near the Nairobi Game Park and is great for a good lunch or dinner after the safari. I've never gotten food poisoning from there. Bathrooms are fine.

For an inside meal with a wonderfully Brazilian menu with another beast feast, try Pampa in the Panari Hotel. It is also not far from the Nairobi Game Park. We enjoy that a bit more because of the 'salad' bar with wonderful grilled vegs and the little extras.

All in all, I prefer the Pampa at the Panari Hotel.

Brussels, Belgium
18. Re: carnivoure restaurant .nairobu

hi,

been to carnivore and it was ok, but when we stay in nbo we always go to the the Nyama Choma at the Safari Park Hotel, you still get all kinds of meat,Patty we had impala,zebra,croc, ostrich,came and other domestic meats.

But what sets this apart is the show by the kenyan dansers which is fantastic, i think there are a few pics on the blog. But for all this you pay $17, a big difference from the carnivore and in my opinion a better experience.

www.anadventureinafrica.com

chakula chema.

agy

19. Re: carnivoure restaurant .nairobu

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:18 am, September 10, 2009