We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

carnivoure restaurant .nairobu

Which Nairobi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
derbyshire ,uk
reviews: 14
carnivoure restaurant .nairobu

hi has any one tried the carnivoure reataurant ? what exactly do you get to eat and most important was it nice?

Augsburg, Germany
reviews: 5
1. Re: carnivoure restaurant .nairobu

Hi,

the Carnivore is a really experience you should make once in your life.

It is a nice restaurant. When you come in, you can see a big round grill, where about 20-30 diferent kinds of meat.

There you can try, but the menue changes every day, crocodile, ostrich, giraffe, wildebeest, camel, zebra, lamb, beef, chicken being in many ways prepared.

On your table you have a dish like a pyramid and there are different kinds of salads, dips and sauces. You get a good introduction about the different kinds of meat and which sauce or dip is perfect.

On the top of this dish is a small flag, and until you drop down this flag, there are the different man coming with the different kinds of meat and this will be served at your table.

A fantastic experience with a delicious food. I guess you will enjoy it a lot. Very recommandable.

Bye

Chrissy

Chicago, Illinois
reviews: 17
2. Re: carnivoure restaurant .nairobu

It's OK. I went and wasn't that taken away with it. Crocodile and ostrcih were the most exotic, whixh was ok with me. The meat is very tough.

Carmel, California
reviews: 11
3. Re: carnivoure restaurant .nairobu

From what I understand, the only "exotic" meats they're allowed to serve now are crocodile, ostrich and camel and these are all supposed to be from farms.

Northern California
reviews: 54
4. Re: carnivoure restaurant .nairobu

Carnivore is an experience, but not a good meal. I agree that it is a part of the Kenya tourist experience; but if a good meal is your goal, I would eat elsewhere.

Llandeilo, United...
reviews: 29
5. Re: carnivoure restaurant .nairobu

Where would you suggest eating in Nairobi? Staying at the Serena but would like to go out somewhere for an early dinner.Feel somewhat queezy about getting excited about seeing 'exotic meat' on safari & eating it the night before!

HB

Augsburg, Germany
reviews: 5
6. Re: carnivoure restaurant .nairobu

Hi Patty,

you are right, they are only allowed to serve crocodile, ostrich and camel from farms.

We have been there in february last year, short before they changed it.

Some friends just returned told us, that there has much changed. The food wasn`t as good as the last time (we stayed there the same time).

But we even heard, that now it is nowhere allowed to serve exotic meat except these one named before.

Because of this, i would search for alternatives.

Bye

Chrissy

Northern California
reviews: 54
7. Re: carnivoure restaurant .nairobu

I have previously recommended Haandi, an Indian restaurant. I ate there in 2004 and enjoyed it tremendously. I was back in Nairobi earlier this month and dined there again for my daughter's 15th birthday. Still delicious--if you like curry. Locals had recommended it to me. Always a good sign: many of the customers are of Indian subcontinent ethnicity.

derbyshire ,uk
reviews: 14
8. Re: carnivoure restaurant .nairobu

thanks folks for all your comments. ill go and give it a try i think .thanks

Buckingham, United...
reviews: 34
9. Re: carnivoure restaurant .nairobu

We were advised to go to the Pampa Grill restaurant, which is in the Panari Centre, quite near the airport, as the Carnivore can be really hard to get into without advance booking during busy tourist times. Apparently given that the 2 flights back to London go later most evenings, lots of people book on their last night in Nairobi.

They had reasonably exotic food - ostrich, goat, guinea fowl, camel, a couple of others I cannot remember (but as has been said, the true game dishes are no longer available) and great beef, chicken, pork and other grilled meets, all carved fresh from skewers in front of you. High quality salad/starters bar, and excellent grilled pineapple dessert.

We had 2 adults - they charge 1450 shillings per person - all you can eat - and 3 kids - and they only charged 750 shillings for one of the kids (and the other 2 were free). total costs including drinks was 6030 shillings.

Certainly filled us up nicely before the queues at the airport!

Essex, England
10. Re: carnivoure restaurant .nairobu

Hi

I visited Carnivoure restaurant last week and I really enjoyed eat. Meats on offer were Ostrich, Chicken, Camel, Beef, Spare Ribs, Turkey, Crocodile. Its an all you can eat arrangements and you put down your flag when you have had enough. Bar at the side was more fun...big TVs and lots of travellers from all walks of life.

Bill was very good for 9 people...with drinks worked out around £14 a head.

Very Busy and I would make sure you book your return travel and get a price.