We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Experts Help to plan a Kenya Safari with Transportation.

Which Nairobi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
CA.
reviews: 2
Experts Help to plan a Kenya Safari with Transportation.

Hello everyone.

Is my first time in Kenya. I am looking for some suggestions about how to plan my trip. We are 2 people.

I will arrive at NBO around 0:30 on Dec 25, my plan is to spend a night in Nairobi (Any suggestion about where to stay only to spend the night in a clean safe place?

Then my departure will be on Dec 29 around 10:30 pm fro NBO.

What you suggest I should do? To see the best Kenya has to offer.

We are looking more for the experience not necessary luxury. More like middle range all inclusive with game viewing.

Please help us to plan a very nice trip for a first Timer.

What do you suggest? all the nights at Masai mara? Or maybe mix with another reserve?

what kind of transportation we need to take road or flight?

also what hotel do you recommend...

what is the best way of transportation from the airport NBO the the hotel in Nairobi?

Thank you very much everyone for taking the time to post in this thread.

Regards

15 replies to this topic
1. Re: Experts Help to plan a Kenya Safari with Transportation.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines with regards to the participation of business representatives.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:18 am, January 04, 2015
Edited: 8:18 am, January 04, 2015

2. Re: Experts Help to plan a Kenya Safari with Transportation.

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines with regards to the participation of business representatives.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:18 am, January 04, 2015

CA.
3. Re: Experts Help to plan a Kenya Safari with Transportation.

you can send me a private message with your opinions and options.

nyc
4. Re: Experts Help to plan a Kenya Safari with Transportation.

With only 3.5/days in-country, best you visit only the Masai Mara.

Remember though this period is over Christmas where rates at highest. Many choices of hotels in NBO at all budget but depends on what's available. Likewise, availability for consecutive nts in the Masai Mara.

With such a short timeframe, your best bet would be to fly from Wilson (small domestic) airport to the Mara (about 50/min-1/hr); vs driving which is 5-6/hrs on not the best roads.

Suggest you check the KATO website - www.katokenya.org - for names of outfitters who can assist.

Select 5-6, send same but individual emails to each advising of when arriving/departing, how many people, where you wish to visit (the Mara), whether stay in lodges or tented camps, your estimated budget and wait on their replies. If not satisfied with replies send to another 5-6 outfitters.

Outfitter can also arrange meet/greet at airport and all transfers during your stay in-country.

Good luck!

CA.
5. Re: Experts Help to plan a Kenya Safari with Transportation.

very usfeull information.

Thank you very much???

Nairobi, Kenya
6. Re: Experts Help to plan a Kenya Safari with Transportation.

You can contact to any travel agencies for a best offer.You are in Nairobi at first night so after this you can start your journey from here.I think road transport is best for you.You can also enjoy natural beauty and wild life by road transport.Also many other place except massi maara which are very beautiful.So you can also spend some night there also.

Nairobi, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Nairobi, Kenya
reviews: 11
7. Re: Experts Help to plan a Kenya Safari with Transportation.

How about combining a night at Nakuru & rest at Mara. Nakuru is a lake in the Rift Valley with adequate wilidife like rhinos, giraffe, lions etc...

Nairobi, Kenya
reviews: 1
8. Re: Experts Help to plan a Kenya Safari with Transportation.

Helloo Joseph,

I would suggest upon arrival in Nairobi the following day you can do Nairobi National park Safari, David Sheldrick and Giraffe centre Day 2 and 3 you can do Masai Mara and road trip is recommended here. Do the game drives in Mara and with the help of professional driver guides you'll enjoy your safari ( While in Mara I would suggest you do Balloon Safari). Day 4 You'll depart Mara after morning game drive and arrival in Nairobi have a lunch at world famous carnivore restaurant before your transfer to the airport.

CA.
9. Re: Experts Help to plan a Kenya Safari with Transportation.

sound like a good idea...

what kind of transportation do you recommend.

10. Re: Experts Help to plan a Kenya Safari with Transportation.

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 9:37 am, July 02, 2014

Reply to: Experts Help to plan a Kenya Safari with Transportation.
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted