We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jomo Kenyatta AIrport to WIlson AIrport

Which Nairobi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Liverpool, United...
reviews: 47
Jomo Kenyatta AIrport to WIlson AIrport

Hello, we arrive into JK at 06:30 and then will get taken to WIlson Airport, I'm wondering how long this will take us -approx?

10 replies to this topic
Bristol, United...
1. Re: Jomo Kenyatta AIrport to WIlson AIrport

Hi Noodle053,

It depends on what day of the week you arrive. Monday-Friday it can take 60-75 due to horrendous Nairobi traffic. On a weekend it should take 20-30 mins comfortably.

Wayne

nyc
2. Re: Jomo Kenyatta AIrport to WIlson AIrport

As Saturday is also a workday in NBO, it could also take as long to get between JKIA and Wilson as if it were Mon-Fri.

Sunday is really the best day for it to take about 30/min or less as there's little traffic - most people are sleeping in or at church.

london
Destination Expert
for Zambia
3. Re: Jomo Kenyatta AIrport to WIlson AIrport

I've done this transfer at this time 3 times now, all on a Saturday, and I'd say 20-30 mins is about right. I asked the cab driver, he said that was normal for a Saturday.

Liverpool, United...
4. Re: Jomo Kenyatta AIrport to WIlson AIrport

Thanks - we arrive on a Sunday morning

Bristol, United...
5. Re: Jomo Kenyatta AIrport to WIlson AIrport

Hi Noodle053,

In which case you should have a pretty easy transfer and 30 mins would be plenty.

Wayne

Nairobi, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Kenya
reviews: 150
6. Re: Jomo Kenyatta AIrport to WIlson AIrport

Noodle, if you land at 0630, you should be out of the airport latest by 0800. Therefore the latest you will get to Wilson is 0830. What time is your flight, and which airline?

Safarilink and Air Kenya both have their own cafe's in the departure lounge area. However if you have a spare hour, get your transfer driver to take you to The Aero Club, (2 min drive from both airlines), where they do really awesome breakfasts and coffee.

Australia
reviews: 15
7. Re: Jomo Kenyatta AIrport to WIlson AIrport

Ahh, the aeroclub! We are heading back to Kenya in a few weeks and will be overnighting st the aeroclub before flying on to nanyuki. It will be out third visit to Kenya, and our third time at the aeroclub. A little quirky, very convenient, and GREAT porridge!

Liverpool, United...
8. Re: Jomo Kenyatta AIrport to WIlson AIrport

Hi , we are flying with Kenyan Airways - leave Heathrow at 8pm Saturday & land at 6:30am.

nyc
9. Re: Jomo Kenyatta AIrport to WIlson AIrport

Sussanah - 'porridge' - haven't heard that word since reading The Three Bears - LOL!

Noodle - believe the question was 'what time is your flight out of Wilson and to where? The earliest flight is often to Amboseli at about 8am, so keep that in mind.

Liverpool, United...
10. Re: Jomo Kenyatta AIrport to WIlson AIrport

ok, flight is to Nanyuki, I've been told 10am but looked on the Safarilink site and it says 10:20am. I think we need to be there 1 hour ahead of check in so i guess pending a traffic disaster or flight delay we should be ok?

Reply to: Jomo Kenyatta AIrport to WIlson AIrport
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted