We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

FLY540 Airlines- is it reliable?

Which Nairobi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Santa Barbara
reviews: 1
FLY540 Airlines- is it reliable?

I want to book a flight from Zanzibar to Nairboi on FLY540 which has the best price and flight schedule, but I will be connecting with flights back to USA. Do you know if FLY540 is reliable?

Thank you

Edited: 5:21 pm, April 23, 2014
16 replies to this topic
Newcastle upon...
reviews: 28
1. Re: FLY540 Airlines- is it reliable?

Fly540 have been running for many years now. I do not see how you could have any problems. I have used them between Nairobi and Mombasa a few times myself.

Nairobi
2. Re: FLY540 Airlines- is it reliable?

Hi

I had been booked to fly with them from Zanzibar to Nairobi last month at 1745hrs which was cancelled, i was rebooked on precision air flight at 1400hrs which was never to be, it was changed to 1800hrs which still did not work , till we left at 2000hrs.

Just be careful with the connection and let them inform you if there will be any changes with their flights.

Good luck

Allan

Nairobi, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Kenya
reviews: 150
3. Re: FLY540 Airlines- is it reliable?

Who are you flying to the US with from NBO?

I persoanlly would allow at least a 6-8 hour connection window, as Allan says, they are delayed on a regular basis.

Santa Barbara
4. Re: FLY540 Airlines- is it reliable?

Thank you, very helpful. I do not think I should go with them, the price and timing are great only if the flight is on time. We will only have 3 hours until our connecting flight with Kenya Air to Amsterdam.

Santa Barbara
5. Re: FLY540 Airlines- is it reliable?

KLM is the connecting airline, not Kenya Air.

Mtwapa, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Newcastle upon Tyne, Bamburi, Mtwapa
reviews: 51
6. Re: FLY540 Airlines- is it reliable?

KLM and Kenya Air (KQ) flights are codeshares, KLM owns about 30% of KQ and they are both Sky Team partners, On the Nairobi - Amsterdam flights, there is a night flight and a day flight, KLM provide the plane for one, KQ the plane for the other

Santa Barbara
7. Re: FLY540 Airlines- is it reliable?

I could instead take Precision Airlines from Zanzibar to Dar es Salaam with 1 hour layover and then Kenya Air to Nairobi. I would have 2 hours in NBO before international flight on KLM to Amsterdam. Do you think that is enough time?

Mtwapa, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Newcastle upon Tyne, Bamburi, Mtwapa
reviews: 51
8. Re: FLY540 Airlines- is it reliable?

The good thing about that is that Precision Air is owned by KQ so that flight would also be a KQ codeshare, so you could book and check yourself and your luggage through to Nairobi and should also be able to check all the way through to Amsterdam, so if KQ / Precision say that is enough time for the Dar connection and sell you the through booking, and if they also check you in through to Amsterdam it means that you are in transit for the whole journey, and it's their responsibility to get you there,

Nairobi, Kenya
reviews: 3
9. Re: FLY540 Airlines- is it reliable?

thank you -I have read your message

Fly540 is reliable airline and flies to Zanzibar twice a day .

May and June they operate one flight a day from Zanzibar at 1150am .This leaves you enough time to connect to your US bound flight the same day

Nairobi, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Kenya
reviews: 150
10. Re: FLY540 Airlines- is it reliable?

There is a daily Kenya Airways flight from ZNZ to NBO (operated by Precision Air). Book that, and then as Doff says, you can check your luggage all the way through.

Reply to: FLY540 Airlines- is it reliable?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted