We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nairobi or Arusha

Which Nairobi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Great Western...
reviews: 11
Nairobi or Arusha

Good day all,

I am a solo traveller looking for some advice for 5-7 day safari/activity. I will be climbing Kilimanjaro with friends beginning of September so will need to end up in Arusha eventually. However was thinking of a Nairobi safari first or/and Zanzibar. I note most of the flights are booked but see there are boat trips out. Is that worth the journey or should I use all my days on a safari instead?

I am also curious if people recommend booking trips before they go or organising it once they arrive. I am not the worlds best haggler but found in Marrakech I could get better deals through my hotel than online.

My time frame is a the end of August 2014 so if anyone is looking for an extra member for their group or want a travelling buddy please drop me a line.

Thanks!!

Engadine, Australia
1. Re: Nairobi or Arusha

On the month you will be going i would advice you book in advance since it will be high seasom.

nyc
2. Re: Nairobi or Arusha

Where are you arriving? Kilimanjaro/JRO Tanzania or Nairobi/NBO Kenya? If JRO there is no reason to backtrack to Kenya, pay another Visa Fee. You can have a wonderful safari in Tanzania.

Nairobi, Kenya
reviews: 4
3. Re: Nairobi or Arusha

Safaris in Tanzania are as spectacular as the experience in Kenya. Arusha is a great place with Mount Meru, coffee farms and other attractions. Explore Tanzania there is so much to see.

Great Western...
reviews: 11
4. Re: Nairobi or Arusha

Thank you for the replies!!

This has helped my planning and decisions. I think I was keen to have two more countries ticked off in my travel life but I agree doing Tanzania properly will be more beneficial.

Now to choose the company….watch this space for more annoying questions. :)

5. Re: Nairobi or Arusha

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, April 14, 2015