We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nairobi to Victoria Falls

Which Nairobi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Del Mar, California
Nairobi to Victoria Falls

What's it like to rent a car in Nairobi and drive to Victoria Falls?

Mombasa
Destination Expert
for Mombasa, Tsavo National Park East
reviews: 45
1. Re: Nairobi to Victoria Falls

Will be difficult, as you are driving through some country's

Easy to fly from Nairobi

2. Re: Nairobi to Victoria Falls

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:28 am, May 06, 2014
Edited: 10:28 am, May 06, 2014
Peterborough, Canada
reviews: 11
3. Re: Nairobi to Victoria Falls

So how does one fly from Nairobi to VF? I'm told it's only via Jo'burg

UK
Destination Expert
for Malindi, Ukunda, Kenya
reviews: 6
4. Re: Nairobi to Victoria Falls

Yes, Nairobi-Johannesburg-Victoria Falls (Zimbabwe) would be the obvious air route. Quite a big trip. Or you could fly direct from Nairobi to Livingstone, the Zambian town on the other side of the falls.

Richard Trillo

Author: The Rough Guide to Kenya

Kenya Programme Manager: Expert Africa

Peterborough, Canada
5. Re: Nairobi to Victoria Falls

Flying from Nairobi to Livingstone and taking whatever transportation is available across the river to VF seems the obvious answer. I must be missing something if most people go the longer way around

UK
Destination Expert
for Malindi, Ukunda, Kenya
reviews: 6
6. Re: Nairobi to Victoria Falls

No, I don't think you'd cross the river. It's not my area, but I understand you'd visit the falls from the Zambia side rather than the Victoria Falls (town) side.

Richard Trillo

Author: The Rough Guide to Kenya

Kenya Programme Manager: Expert Africa

Peterborough, Canada
7. Re: Nairobi to Victoria Falls

So, why can't I cross the river? I want to visit Victoria Falls and take the train south from there.

Lamu Island, Kenya
reviews: 38
8. Re: Nairobi to Victoria Falls

Take a taxi from Livingstone to Victoria Falls Bridge (border Point), cross and take then the night train to Bulawayo and Harare

nyc
9. Re: Nairobi to Victoria Falls

Even if you could drive, it's long; Visas required all countries; some require Yellow Fever inoculation for entry.

There is no direct flight to VFA other than flight from NBO to Harare with connecting flight to Livingston on the Zambia side of the Falls. Otherwise it's a flight into JNB, then a flight to VFA. Schedules can be at strange hours and costly.

10. Re: Nairobi to Victoria Falls

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, April 08, 2015