We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travelling time from JKIA to Wilson

Which Nairobi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Vinax
reviews: 2
Travelling time from JKIA to Wilson

My flight arrives at 0700 in the morning (mid week) and I need to know roughly how long I need to allow to get to Wilson? I have the choice of a flight at 1020 or 1300. Also does anyone know how flexible Safarilink are, i.e. am I allowed to change my return date after booking without penalty, I have tried to contact them on numerous occasions and have never had a response from them!

Thanks.

6 replies to this topic
UK
Destination Expert
for Malindi, Ukunda, Kenya
reviews: 6
1. Re: Travelling time from JKIA to Wilson

Safarilink are extremely helpful and will always try to fit you in, even at the last minute, but read the terms and conditions on their website to get the rules. With a 3hr 20min connection time you should be fine. Out of the international airport by 8/8:30 and into Wilson by 9:30. Or you could book the 1300 and then turn up early, and if you made it for the 10:20, I'm sure they'd put you on it. Where are you staying at the other end, though? Someone has to meet you at the airstrip so they would need to be notified. Are you working directly with your transport providers and lodges or through a tour operator?

Richard Trillo

Author: The Rough Guide to Kenya

Kenya Programme Manager: Expert Africa

Nairobi, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Kenya
reviews: 150
2. Re: Travelling time from JKIA to Wilson

Try the following email addresses for them:

marketing@flysafarilink.com, sales@flysafarilink.com

Nairobi, Kenya
reviews: 1
3. Re: Travelling time from JKIA to Wilson

On weekdays it is a risk to take the morning flight, because of the following scenarios:

1. Your flight delays

2. Check out time from JKIA is usually approximated to be an hour, then in the morning it is usually peak time in terms of traffic on the road so you might delay at traffic jams

Nairobi
4. Re: Travelling time from JKIA to Wilson

I'm with the first poster- you should be able to make the 10.20 easily. I'd go for it.

There will be traffic but you'll have the better part of an hour to get to Wilson Airport and that should be plenty even for that time of the morning.

Vinax
reviews: 2
5. Re: Travelling time from JKIA to Wilson

Thanks for the information. I am flying to Nanyuki, and hopefully will be staying with friends. Think I will risk it and go for the 1020, I have just double checked my arrival time and it is 0600. Thanks for the email addresses for Safarilink I will try them!

Nairobi
6. Re: Travelling time from JKIA to Wilson

With a 0600 hr arrival you have a small window to beat the traffic, otherwise you'll be sat in it a lot longer than a 0700 arrival. But you'll def make the flight.

Reply to: Travelling time from JKIA to Wilson
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted