We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

My recent Bed & Breakfast experience: Oasis NO, Hob House YE

Which Nairobi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Paris, France
Destination Expert
for Galapagos Islands
reviews: 17
My recent Bed & Breakfast experience: Oasis NO, Hob House YE

I needed a place to stay with my family for 4 weeks as we moved to Nairobi. We booked Oasis B&B on-line, as it was one of the very few places in the vicinity of where we wanted to be. I found it very expensive for what it offered - essentially, a rustic place - too close to a busy road, and quite gloomy / dark. Not even a bedside table with bedside reading lamp, just a hanging light bulb in the room, mattresses were old and deformed, louvered type windows letting in the mosquitoes. The aging owners were friendly, but it was obvious that they were not putting any money back into the upkeep/upgrading of their place. It has some potential, but without re-investment, or without at least a 50% price reduction to reflect the appropriate value, it cannot be recommended.

After 5 days, we inspected Hob House B&B - for nearly the same price, we found ourselves in a modern and very cozy, bright and very well furnished home in a much quieter neighbourhood, with a very nice backyard terrace. The owners were very warm and engaging and helped us find our way around - even taking the family outings and to local restaurants. Highly recommended.

Warmest regards,

Heather Blenkiron

Edited: 11:28 pm, February 01, 2014
1 reply
Oakland, CA
reviews: 150
1. Re: My recent Bed & Breakfast experience: Oasis NO, Hob House YE

Thank you for this information, Heather! Good to know of reasonable priced , clean and recommended places!!

Is there listing for Hob House under B and Bs in the Nairobi hotels section of tripadvisor? Perhaps you could put it there as well.

Reply to: My recent Bed & Breakfast experience: Oasis NO, Hob House YE
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted