We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Domestic to BA check in @ JKIA?

Which Nairobi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Fordingbridge...
reviews: 129
Domestic to BA check in @ JKIA?

We're arriving tonight from Moi on KQ. Does anyone have an update as to the whereabouts of the BA check in & the quickest way to get there from domestic arrivals?

Thanks, Nic.

4 replies to this topic
Mtwapa, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Newcastle upon Tyne, Bamburi, Mtwapa
reviews: 49
1. Re: Domestic to BA check in @ JKIA?

Hi Nic,

I've never flown BA from JKIA, (or from anywhere for quite a few years as it happens) and normally as I fly KQ / KLM I'm checked through so all I have to do is saunter up past The Pub (sometimes stopping if depending on how much time I have) and go into Departures in Unit 2 via the entrance nearest Domestic, just past The Pub. Immigration / Passport Control is right next to that entrance so I don't even venture as far as the check in desks.

I've only ever checked in once at JKIA and then that was in Unit 1 Departures, where I think I saw the BA desks.

As you no doubt know JKIA is laid out as a ring, if the BA desks are in indeed in Unit 1 then they are diametrically opposite the Domestic terminal, though you won't be able to see them as the old Arrivals Hall is in the middle of the ring blocking the view. When I come out of Domestic I just turn right and follow the pavement round, it's a little over 100 m to the Unit 2 entrance, so keeping going round the circle Unit 1 should be around a further 200 m. Though it might be shorter, but not as simple and not on an even pavement, to head across the car park when you come out of domestic skirt along the front of the old Arrivals hall, as long as it's not fenced off, then cross the car park again to Unit 1.

This map I did just after the fire shows where Units 1,2 and 3 (Domestic) are though of course the other captions no longer apply

http://goo.gl/maps/H5spU

Fordingbridge...
reviews: 129
2. Re: Domestic to BA check in @ JKIA?

Thanks Doff, I wasn't sure that it was still in the same place.

Look after the coast until we return in October 2015. 😛😁:-)

Nairobi, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Kenya
reviews: 145
3. Re: Domestic to BA check in @ JKIA?

Doff, one of the pubs has been replaced by a java:(

Mtwapa, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Newcastle upon Tyne, Bamburi, Mtwapa
reviews: 49
4. Re: Domestic to BA check in @ JKIA?

What! I have a three hour connection in a few weeks time.

To be fair The Pub is / was more of a snack bar / cafe than a pub but the terrace is ok, I usually use one of the terrace tables if I can get one (if the smokers aren't filling them)

Reply to: Domestic to BA check in @ JKIA?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted