We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nairobi Airpot Business Lounge

Which Nairobi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Poulton Le Fylde...
reviews: 2
Nairobi Airpot Business Lounge

I have been looking at the availability of the business lounge at Nairobi airport. It appears that it is closed at the moment due to fire. Has anyone been there recently and can update me??

11 replies to this topic
Fordingbridge...
reviews: 143
1. Re: Nairobi Airpot Business Lounge

The BA lounge is no more & will not be replaced in the near future. We leave tomorrow & after we check in our bags we're taking a taxi to the Ole Sereni for dinner. It's only 15 minutes from the airport & the restaurant overlooking the game park is fabulous. Our table is booked for 20.00 hrs.😎

Nairobi, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Kenya
reviews: 150
2. Re: Nairobi Airpot Business Lounge

Only Kenya airways have one for their business class passengers only. Gold or platinum cards cannot use this lounge. Sky team members business class passengers can.

Poulton Le Fylde...
3. Re: Nairobi Airpot Business Lounge

Do you check in your bags 3 hours before and then go out of the airport? We have a flight coming into Nairobi from Tanzania at 1610 hours and we don't leave for uk until 2340 hours.

Nairobi, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Kenya
4. Re: Nairobi Airpot Business Lounge

What flight are you coming in on and connecting to?

Fordingbridge...
5. Re: Nairobi Airpot Business Lounge

The BA check in opens at 19.00 hours.

Poulton Le Fylde...
6. Re: Nairobi Airpot Business Lounge

We are on a Precision Air flight from Tanzania on 30 January which gets into Nairobi at 1610 hours and we don't fly out of Nairobi until 2340 hours so we have a lot of time to kill and I've read a lot of comments that Nairobi airport isn't the best to hang around in, especially as there is not even a business lounge now.

Fordingbridge...
7. Re: Nairobi Airpot Business Lounge

Caroline, I'm sitting in the Big 5 restaurant at the Ole Sereni enjoying drinks & dinner overlooking the Nairobi national park. It's only 20 minutes from NBO & a great place to pass the time.

They also have free, fast internet access. Highly recommended! :-)

Poulton Le Fylde...
8. Re: Nairobi Airpot Business Lounge

That sounds great. I think that if we collect our bags and head there for the evening it will pass sufficient time before we check in. I've heard that traffic is horrendous to and from the airport. Did you find that the traffic was ok?

Nairobi, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Kenya
9. Re: Nairobi Airpot Business Lounge

There are two options for your luggage:

1. Ask Precision Air to check your bags all the way to LHR. This is called "Interlining", and then when you check in for BA, show them your luggage tags, and they can make sure your bags are on the BA flight. This saves you having to wait for your bags in Nairobi, and also lugging them to the hotel.

2. You can collect your bags in Nairobi and take them with you.

At 4.30 pm'ish allow between 20-40 minutes to get to Ole Sereni. On the way back, if you leave Ole Sereni by 9.30 / 9.45 pm you will get to JKIA latest by 10.00 pm

RWA

Fordingbridge...
10. Re: Nairobi Airpot Business Lounge

We left Ole Sereni at 21.40 & joined the queue for security at 22.00. ( As we caught an earlier flight from MBA the BA check in wasn't open when we arrived at NBO)

We eventually entered the BA waiting area 1hour 10 minutes later. Patience is a virtue. On the brights side, BA are now providing alcoholic & soft drinks for 1st & Club pax & some decidedly dubious looking snacks!

I only had time for a sip of my G&T before we were boarding. Great flight & landed 25 minutes early this morning at 05.05. Sincere thanks BA.

Reply to: Nairobi Airpot Business Lounge
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted