We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kenyan Airlines

Which Nairobi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Redruth, United...
reviews: 18
Kenyan Airlines

Can anyone confirm how good Kenyan Airlines are from the UK?

UK
Destination Expert
for Malindi, Ukunda, Kenya
reviews: 6
1. Re: Kenyan Airlines

Kenya Airways is up there among the top three or four Africa airlines (South African, Ethiopian, Royal Air Maroc) and generally runs efficient, on-time services with decent food and drink (speaking relatively…). The AV systems on many of their planes are getting very unreliable, however, so you'll often find a seatback screen that doesn't work is virtually unusable.

Richard Trillo

Kenya Programme Manager: Expert Africa

Author: The Rough Guide to Kenya

Chicago, Illinois
reviews: 56
2. Re: Kenyan Airlines

I had a good experience, though I was flying from Abu Dhabi, not Europe. It's a 3 star airline (so same level as United Airlines, American Airlines). The staff was great and the plane was fine. No personal TVs, although if you're on a longer flight from Europe, they may have it.

Mtwapa, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Newcastle upon Tyne, Bamburi, Mtwapa
reviews: 52
3. Re: Kenyan Airlines

Hi,

Used them dozens of times over the last 7 years, the vast majority with no problems at all, the odd hitch that you get with any airline, one or two delays and one cancellation. .

They are as good as most European Airlines, better than most American airlines, but not as good as the middle- and far-eastern airlines.

As Richard says their entertainment systems can be a bit fragile and prone to failure but their service is genuinely pleasant, (much more pleasant than European and American airlines and up there with the mid and far east ones, though overall standards are way behind them) and they are extremely generous and non-judgmental with their alcoholic drinks

Nairobi, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Kenya
reviews: 150
4. Re: Kenyan Airlines

I'd 2nd Doff with "and they are extremely generous and non-judgmental with their alcoholic drinks"

The crew are generally very good, genuine and caring. Planes are fairly new (unless you get stuck on a 767).

Bungoma, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Kenya
reviews: 2
5. Re: Kenyan Airlines

I have been very happy with Kenya Airways (KQ) over many years - to and from UK and internally in Kenya. (and once to Egypt).

Somerset
Destination Expert
for Mombasa, Diani Beach, Kenya
6. Re: Kenyan Airlines

I just wish they would sort the entertainment system out. I've been on a quite a few flights when it hasn't been working for one of us and on one occasion not even the light worked which meant they couldn't even read. On the up side, it means you have to make use of the hospitality even more - the steward brought two drinks at a time after a while!!!

Naivasha, Kenya
reviews: 6
7. Re: Kenyan Airlines

Dodgy entertainment systems are not confined to KQ. I have flown Qatar to/from Kenya, three times in the last few months and every time, on at least one leg, the seat back screen didn't work, including the safety briefing, Doha airport information etc.

Redruth, United...
8. Re: Kenyan Airlines

Thank you for the messages - have now booked BA!

Newcastle upon...
reviews: 34
9. Re: Kenyan Airlines

BA are a lot better and look after their business class customers a hell of a lot better than KQ.

KQ though have very good cabin crew compared to BA /KLM, but as said above their entertainment system always seems poor. Food is never as good as BA / KLM.

10. Re: Kenyan Airlines

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, January 14, 2015