We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Reliable taxi company

Which Nairobi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Vienna, Austria
Reliable taxi company

Hi, I am looking for a reliable taxi company in Nairobi. I am landing in Nairobi on 29th December and am heading for a safari the day after. I am thinking of visiting the David Sheldrick Wildlife Trust and the Giraffe Centre (well, I am not quite sure of the Giraffe Centre). I have already asked at the hotel I'll be staying but I think they are a bit overpriced: They want 100 USD just to drive to the David Sheldrick Trust and back to the hotel at Harry Thuku Road. … If anyone could advise on a taxi company, I would be grateful. … Best regards, Barbara/Vienna

1. Re: Reliable taxi company

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:17 am, September 24, 2014
Nairobi, Kenya
2. Re: Reliable taxi company

Following,

www.maasaitrailseastafrica.com

My pick up from the airport and transfer to the shedrick Trust(Animal Orphanage) then drive to the hotel with a local tour operator which runs cabs was charged U$60. The orphanage is open 1100hrs for feeding and closes some minutes to 1400hrs. Again it all depends on what time you arrive, the drive to the Orphanage can as well be long due to the traffic Jam, after the Mvuli Houes/Langata road.

If then you have to go to the Girafee center, U$60-70 would be a a fare deal, keeping in mind the car will be on standby for you(full day rates will apply/may apply)

Brian

Vienna, Austria
3. Re: Reliable taxi company

Thank you both for your quick replies and the useful information! Happy holidays! Barbara

Bungoma, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Kenya
reviews: 2
4. Re: Reliable taxi company

We use James Mwongera for our visitors. Do a Trip Advisor search for him and you'll see satisfied folk!!

Moscow
reviews: 20
5. Re: Reliable taxi company

As an indication, I had a driver and car for the full day in Nairobi last week which included trips as far apart as The Junction Mall and Village Market and a few other places in between. Cost was 5,000 shillings (~$60).

Moscow
reviews: 20
6. Re: Reliable taxi company

This was who I used: www.winnertoursandtravel.kbo.co.ke/home. The company is owner-operated. If you decide to approach them, I suggest you ask for an all-inclusive quote up front and clarify the method of payment.

Vienna, Austria
7. Re: Reliable taxi company

Thank you all for your quick replies. In the meantime, I have settled with e-safaris.com and will pay 60 USD for the Giraffe Centre and the David Sheldrick Wildlife Trust, which to me seems fair. … Happy holidays! Barbara

Amsterdam, The...
8. Re: Reliable taxi company

All the best with plans and enjoy your holidayB-).

Amsterdam, The...
9. Re: Reliable taxi company

All the best with plans and enjoy your holidayB-).

10. Re: Reliable taxi company

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:26 am, December 30, 2013