We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Walking safaris near to Nairobi (day trips)

Which Nairobi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Moscow
Level Contributor
646 posts
25 reviews
Walking safaris near to Nairobi (day trips)

Are there any walking excursions through game parks (or other countryside) that are offered as part of a day trip out of the city? Any suggestions would be very welcome. Also any similar excursions that offer pleasant outdoor exercise rather than, for instance, traveling in a vehicle for most of the day?

London, United...
Level Contributor
8 posts
6 reviews
11. Re: Walking safaris near to Nairobi (day trips)

Hell's Gate national park near Naivasha is great. It is a highlight of my trip. Hire a bycicle and ride it for 4-5 hours among animals.

I recommend to hire a bycicle outside of the park, as the park itself has bycicle in a poor condition.

Moscow
Level Contributor
646 posts
25 reviews
12. Re: Walking safaris near to Nairobi (day trips)

Thanks for the great idea - for my next trip. By the way, where did you hire a bicycle ('outside the park') and what did it cost you?

13. Re: Walking safaris near to Nairobi (day trips)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, January 23, 2015