We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

current state of Nairobi Airport

Which Nairobi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Hawaii
reviews: 1
current state of Nairobi Airport

can anyone give an update about current state of airport facilities ...are tents still in use? are any restaurant options available? about how much should I pay for a taxi from City Hall area to airport?

thanks

17 replies to this topic
Oakland, CA
reviews: 149
11. Re: current state of Nairobi Airport

Seventeen minutes, Richard??!! Amazing! Was the airport quiet? It took me that long just to buy the visa!

I will not expect that amount of time to be standard in the busier times/season, lest i be very disappointed.

It's terrible, but when i first heard about the fire, i thought, "Well, if that's what it takes to get this place rebuilt.."

I recall that there had been many attempts/stalls/snafus over the years to improve it, to no avail. Finally, they had no choice!!

UK
Destination Expert
for Malindi, Ukunda, Kenya
reviews: 4
12. Re: current state of Nairobi Airport

I was knocked out by the speed, and was expecting a good forty minutes plus. Lucky with our bags, I guess, and the airport did feel relatively quiet, with just our BA flight in arrivals. Lots of people on the visa desks, processed in less than a minute. It's the fastest I've ever been through any airport I think, let alone JKIA!

Richard Trillo

nyc
13. Re: current state of Nairobi Airport

Normally when something (anything) works/happens better than usual... I don't say anything. Why? Have no idea what will happen next day, week, month. And this isn't only when it comes to the NBO airport. Just take it for what it is and accept that you were lucky! Don't like putting an 'evil eye' on anything!

Bristol, United...
reviews: 1
14. Re: current state of Nairobi Airport

There is a room for people to light up - near Gate 14 if I recall. It's right next to the restaurant.

Glasgow, United...
reviews: 34
15. Re: current state of Nairobi Airport

Thank you so much davejenny - less than 2 weeks now and I cannot wait!

Northern California
reviews: 54
16. Re: current state of Nairobi Airport

I fly in a month and will post if my experience is unusually good or bad.

Edited: 10:56 am, December 12, 2013
Oakland, CA
reviews: 149
17. Re: current state of Nairobi Airport

Thanks to my fellow NorCal (me=Bay Area) forum member! look forward to your report!

Reply to: current state of Nairobi Airport
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted