We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nairobi location of bus station for buses from Jinja

Which Nairobi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Hawaii
reviews: 1
Nairobi location of bus station for buses from Jinja

it appears that there are a lot of bus arrival locations in Nairobi. I'm coming on the bus from Jinja that arrives about nightfall, which brings up two concerns: safety issues around bus stations and exact location of the buses from Jinja. In some cities buses stop at more than one location.

I'll be staying just across from Hilton Hotel in downtown Nairobi. Can anyone tell me about how much I should expect to pay the taxi driver and how far the Jinja arrivals might be from the Hilton area. Thanks for the help.

4 replies to this topic
1. Re: Nairobi location of bus station for buses from Jinja

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines with regards to the participation of business representatives.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:58 am, January 15, 2014

Edmonton, Canada
2. Re: Nairobi location of bus station for buses from Jinja

The busses all stop in the same area. I don't know if you can see this map, but they all stop in the area that says simba coach to machakos kangundo stage. It is really close to the Hilton, but because you don't know the area, don't walk. It's not an area that you'll feel comfortable in and I wouldn't say it's safe at night.

The cab should cost maybe 200 shillings/bob. Whatever they ask for, offer them 50% of that, and bargain from there.

Hawaii
3. Re: Nairobi location of bus station for buses from Jinja

many thanks for the help....much appreciated!

kampala
reviews: 6
4. Re: Nairobi location of bus station for buses from Jinja

Ask the bus from Jinja to let you know where they stop.

Reply to: Nairobi location of bus station for buses from Jinja
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted