We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

International Car Hire companies 4x4 to visit parks

Which Nairobi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
reviews: 8
International Car Hire companies 4x4 to visit parks

Hi,

I want to hire 4x4 from one of the international car companies based in Nairobi airport, Can I self drive my hired 4x4 to the national parks like masai mara, Lake nukuru etc? I tried calling them to ask the same but it seems there numbers on there website are not correct.

Has anyone had a similar experience of hiring there 4x4 and taking it to the national parks of Kenya?

London, United...
1. Re: International Car Hire companies 4x4 to visit parks

International 4x4 hire companies like Avis, HErtz, Eurpcar etc

Kenya Parks like Masai mara Lake Nakuru ,Amboseli,Tsavo West/east.

As there 4x4 are cheaper as compared to the local hire companies(rover rover. 4x4 Kenya) and I am more comfortable in hiring from them after reading some bad reviews about the local companies.like there ac not working , gear not working properly, 4x4 in poor comdition etc.

Will they Allow me to take their car to the above mentioned marks

the Hague
reviews: 36
2. Re: International Car Hire companies 4x4 to visit parks

We rented from central rent a car, and they were very good. Good cars, good prices and no hassle.

For comparison, we met friends who did roughly the same we did. They had 4 punctures, we had none.

I'm planning a return visit next august and would like to go with them again. Unfortunately they don't have 6 seaters 4x4's.

Nairobi, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Nairobi, Kenya
reviews: 3
3. Re: International Car Hire companies 4x4 to visit parks

Here's a comprehensive list of very good 4x4 Car rental cos.

www.rovingrovers.com/rover-rental-kenya.htm

http://www.sunworld-safari.com/en

http://www.suntreksafaris.com/

http://www.rasuls.com/

Yes - you can Self Drive or acquire servies of driver.

London, United...
4. Re: International Car Hire companies 4x4 to visit parks

Thanks you for replying

London, United...
5. Re: International Car Hire companies 4x4 to visit parks

Atlast got in touch with europcar nairobi, they said I cant take there 4x4 in the parks.NOw I am speaking to the local rental companies for quote. got a quote from www.rovingrovers.com/rover-rental-kenya.htm.. are they reliable ?

Mtwapa, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Newcastle upon Tyne, Bamburi, Mtwapa
reviews: 52
6. Re: International Car Hire companies 4x4 to visit parks

Hi,

There have been lots of posts about renting 4x4s in general and Roving Rovers in particular in the past. This thread is just one example many

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g294206-i9216-k4…

Try putting 'roving rovers' or '4x4' in the search box immediately above this forum or better still the Kenya forum

Edited: 10:17 pm, November 18, 2013
Nairobi, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Kenya
reviews: 150
7. Re: International Car Hire companies 4x4 to visit parks

Have you been on safari before, or have you driven in Kenya before? These are questions you need to ask, as Kenyan roads are very different to the UK.

The mara is not sign posted, so can be very easy to get lost.

London, United...
8. Re: International Car Hire companies 4x4 to visit parks

according to a lot of reading,I have planned to hire a Van with a driver from a tour operator called Kencher Tours and Safaris. they have given me a good quote cheaper than many others. before booking with them I want to check there authenticity searched them on the trip advisor and on Google I didn't find any reviews they have a KATO logo on there website.

Have anyone had any experience with them?

Thanks

London, United...
9. Re: International Car Hire companies 4x4 to visit parks

Thank you for your reply

10. Re: International Car Hire companies 4x4 to visit parks

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines with regards to the participation of business representatives.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:46 am, December 16, 2013