We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dawn in Africa Safaris

Which Nairobi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Auckland Region...
Level Contributor
14 posts
1 review
Dawn in Africa Safaris

Our family of 5 adults have recently returned from a fantastic time in Kenya . We had 2 free days to fill in and through Trip Advisor we found Simon Koech (info@dawnsafaris.co.ke). Simon was brilliant. We had excellent email contact with him prior to leaving NZ. We told Simon what/where we wanted to go and see and he organised everything. Picked us up from our accommodation, stayed with us all day and then dropped us back in the evening. He organised for us to go to Kibera where we visited a youth organisation and a school/orphanage - very special and memorable. Great guy who goes out of his way for you. Since being home we have had further emails from Simon wishing us well and even following up on something for us.

We can recommend Simon as totally trustworthy, reliable and thorough. Would definitely use Simon's services again if we go back.

Cunningham family :)

Level Contributor
104 posts
11 reviews
11. Re: Dawn in Africa Safaris

Yes, do email Simon at info@dawnsafaris.co.ke He will get back with you very quickly. He can help you map out a tour for the day and evening and can also help with transfers to the airport. He knows the city well and will be able to work with you based on your schedule and what it is you want to see. He is the best in Nairobi!

Have fun!

Destination Expert
for Seychelles
Level Contributor
4,475 posts
118 reviews
12. Re: Dawn in Africa Safaris

Hi Brian,

As Kellie said, try to write an e-mail to Simon. He is very flexible and very knowledgeable about Nairobi and Kenya in general. He will help you in setting an itinerary and his drivers are really very friendly. Simon will take care of you personally so you will have the oportunity to meet him.

Regarding Seychelles if you love nature you should not miss Cousin and Curieuse so you should stay 5 nights on Praslin and 6 on La Digue.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
7 posts
94 reviews
13. Re: Dawn in Africa Safaris

simon is marvelous. i started coordinating with him weeks before leaving costa rica for kenya and continued until the night before our scheduled meeting. i found him to be serious and responsive. my wife, two adult daughters and i spent a full day with him driving around nairobi, visiting the sheldrick conservancy and rummaging through markets. he was one of the highlights of our trip to kenya as he volunteered information about the history, sociology and economy of the country. he is a great, great guide and one of the few people who i did not feel was taking advantage of us. I WOULD NOT LOOK FOR ANY OTHER.

14. Re: Dawn in Africa Safaris

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:19 am, February 11, 2015