We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dawn in Africa Safaris

Which Nairobi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Auckland Region...
reviews: 2
Dawn in Africa Safaris

Our family of 5 adults have recently returned from a fantastic time in Kenya . We had 2 free days to fill in and through Trip Advisor we found Simon Koech (info@dawnsafaris.co.ke). Simon was brilliant. We had excellent email contact with him prior to leaving NZ. We told Simon what/where we wanted to go and see and he organised everything. Picked us up from our accommodation, stayed with us all day and then dropped us back in the evening. He organised for us to go to Kibera where we visited a youth organisation and a school/orphanage - very special and memorable. Great guy who goes out of his way for you. Since being home we have had further emails from Simon wishing us well and even following up on something for us.

We can recommend Simon as totally trustworthy, reliable and thorough. Would definitely use Simon's services again if we go back.

Cunningham family :)

13 replies to this topic
Bucharest
Destination Expert
for Seychelles
reviews: 63
1. Re: Dawn in Africa Safaris

Hello Kim!

I am planning the first part of my holiday in Kenya also with Simon and up to now he was great. He replied at 10-11 pm to my late evening questions, he sent me the bookings for accomodation and flight in the same day when he received my advance. He also replied to my Saturday questions on the same day. I hope our private safari will be at least as good as it was our communication. I will come back at the end of December with a very detailed review about my experience with Dawn in Africa Safaris.

Miki

Edited: 1:54 pm, October 28, 2013
Auckland Region...
2. Re: Dawn in Africa Safaris

Yes, he does do an excellent job. Hope you have an awesome time.

Kim

Indianapolis...
reviews: 7
3. Re: Dawn in Africa Safaris

Miki

You cannot go wrong with Simon! I have posted many many times on here about him and am also wondering if Kim had also read my post. I talked to someone a few months back from Australia! We love Simon so much that we returned with our children and grandchildren this past June. He is so very thoughtful, timely, honest, and very knowledgeable. You will NOT find a better person to plan your trip. He knows the ins and outs of it all! He also accompanied us via Chocolate tours that he helped us arrange when we went into Kibera. He suggested some great places to eat and lots of different places to stay. When you go, Please tell him Kellie and Mark said hello and we will continue to give him excellent marks on Tripadvisor! He is now a friend of our family and we still communicate with him very often! Have fun and enjoy your stay. Simon will not steer you wrong. Give him our best!

Kellie~

Bucharest
Destination Expert
for Seychelles
4. Re: Dawn in Africa Safaris

Hi Kellie,

I will send him your greetings and I hope I will have a great safari there. We will be on the road for 2000 km so I hope everything will go well.

Thanks for your help.

Miki

Auckland Region...
5. Re: Dawn in Africa Safaris

Hi Kellie

You were talking to me around July - I'm actually from New Zealand. We had an absolutely fabulous time. I loved Kenya and would go back at a drop of a hat. Simon was so cool. Thank you so much for recommending him. He's a great guy who goes out of his way for you.

Cheers

Kim

Bucharest
Destination Expert
for Seychelles
6. Re: Dawn in Africa Safaris

Hello!

We had a really enjoyable safari with Simon and James from Dawn in Africa. Simon is very helpful and he will do all possible efforts to have a great holiday. Simon came at the airport to meet us and briefly inform us about our safari schedule. The next day James took the command and drove us to Masai Mara which became our favourite park. We should have spent the night at Elangata Olerai but the rain from late afternoon made the river crossing impossible. So Simon took care of us and we spent the night at Ol Moran. The next day the crossing was passable so we spent the night at Elangata Olerai. James is a very good driver and guide, spotting animals from quite a distance and he is also very careful with the animals, letting them pass the road and leaving the site if they become nervous. We saw 4 out of the big 5 (we missed the leopard) but we saw a black rhino in Masai Mara and white rhinos in Lake Nakuru. We were very lucky to see Mount Kilimanjaro peak covered with snow and without clouds around, from Kibo Safari Camp in a beautiful sunny morning of December which was the reason of going to Amboseli. Simon made also possible the drop off at Baobab Beach Resort after visiting Amboseli.

Thank you very much Simon and James!

We will come back to Kenya for the migration and we know already who will organize our safari :)

Miki

Indianapolis...
reviews: 7
7. Re: Dawn in Africa Safaris

Miki...So glad to hear you had a wonderful time! Simon and his staff are absolutely amazing! Your trip is guaranteed to be top notch with Dawn in Africa Safaris whether it is a safari trip or planning your day of sightseeing while in Nairobi. He makes EVERYTHING go smooth from the minute he greats you at the airport! He is not only reliable and trustworthy but helps with restaurant accommodations to exchanging currency. I have referred so very many people to Simon (info@dawnsafaris.co.ke)! Glad to hear you also enjoyed your trip to Kibera. Simon was very helpful in getting that all set up for our family. Truly a trip we will not forget! Simon Koech from Dawn in Africa Safaris, YOU ARE THE BEST!!! Love, Love Love you!

Kellie

Bucharest
Destination Expert
for Seychelles
8. Re: Dawn in Africa Safaris

Few people in the tourism industry have the professionalism showed by Simon. He replied to my e-mails very quickly (and there were tens of them), he arranged also the complimentary dinner at Carnivore which is a cuisine experience that should not be missed and made our trip really great. Also the tented camps he has offered us in the package were very good both from accomodation and food point of views.

Thank you Kellie for your recommendation.

Miki

Airdrie Alberta...
reviews: 1
9. Re: Dawn in Africa Safaris

Hello, My wife and I will have one afternoon and evening, then the next day in Niarobi, before our flight to the Seychelles, at the end of August. Can you tell me what amount of money Simon Charged per day. I would expect that with such a short time we may only be able to see the National game reserve just out side of the city. Also for the first part of our stay in Seychelles we could Stay 3 nights in Praslin and 8 nights in La Digue or 4 nights Praslin and 7 nights La Digue. What would you suggest. Thanks Brian

Auckland Region...
10. Re: Dawn in Africa Safaris

Hi

The best thing is to just email Simon at: info@dawnsafaris.co.ke

He's great, replies really quickly. Just tell him how long you have and see what he suggests.

Cheers

Kim

Reply to: Dawn in Africa Safaris
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted