We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurant

Which Nairobi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
bath
Restaurant

After a Safari we arrive in Nairobi around 18.00. We have early evening before having to be at NBO for 21.30.

Any suggestions for somewhere to eat, relax with easy access to the airport? Not after a big meal as we would have had a lunch and airline food to come!

Nairobi, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Nairobi, Kenya
reviews: 11
1. Re: Restaurant

The Carnivore has a Ala Carte Menu. There's Indian & Chinese at Capital Centre on MBA Rd. Also, Brazilian Steak Hse at Panari.

UK
Destination Expert
for Malindi, Ukunda, Kenya
reviews: 6
2. Re: Restaurant

The Ole-Sereni hotel, along the route between Wilson Airport and JKIA (NBO) does surprisingly good food, and has a variety of bars and snacks.

Richard Trillo

nyc
3. Re: Restaurant

The closer to NBO/JKIA as your checkin for a 21h30 flight is still 2.5/hrs prior departure, and there is still quite a bit of traffic from City Center at 20h00

The Ole Sereni which is a 15/min drive from airport might be your best choice.

Michigan
reviews: 54
4. Re: Restaurant

If you eat at Ole Sereni, allow at least 2 hours (our's took longer) for a meal that wasn't all that great, was over priced and the server was very unattentive (had to finally go up to the seater to get our bill). Unless something has radically changed since I was there in May of 2012, I'd never go back.

Nairobi, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Nairobi, Kenya
reviews: 11
5. Re: Restaurant

Just remembered. There a newly opened Spurs Restaurant at Eka Hotel (next to Ole Serena)

Spurs is SA franchise. Food is great.

Edited: 1:56 pm, October 27, 2013
Nairobi, Kenya
6. Re: Restaurant

You do not want to be caught in traffic with no time to spare before your flight. Eka or Ole Sereni would be the best choices because of their location along Mombasa road and closer to the JKIA.

UK
Destination Expert
for Malindi, Ukunda, Kenya
reviews: 6
7. Re: Restaurant

Interesting comment from MichiganLaurena. I was there on 3 June 2012 and I thought the food, and the service, were first-class. I had no expectations of anything at all and I was very agreeably surprised, as were the people we ate with. I've had others reporting similar very positive experiences back to me since then.

But - I do think this is an inconsistent hotel. And I wasn't at all impressed by check-in or attention to detail on the accommodation side.

The jury's out I guess! But then that's with almost everything discussed on TA.

Richard Trillo

Michigan
reviews: 54
8. Re: Restaurant

Richard

It was a Sunday afternoon so I don't know if that made a difference or not. Upon my return, I also posted a review about the hotel, including photos. For having been upgraded to a "deluxe" room, you can see by the photo of the towels, they were terrible. I dry my dogs with better towels.

Laurena

9. Re: Restaurant

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:21 am, November 01, 2014