We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transfer times for BA night flight to London

Which Nairobi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London, England
reviews: 14
Transfer times for BA night flight to London

I am flying from Dar to London via Nairobi in February. The BA flight from NBO leaves at 23:40. It looks like the only flights arrive from Dar at either 16:15 or 21:35. Is 2 hours enough time to make the connection? I presume that I cannot check my bags all the way from Dar to London, so will have to get them, clear customs and check in. Or am I mistaken? The thought of a 5-hour layover doesn't excite me, but nor does missing a long-haul flight! Any advice? Presumably, most of the glitches due to the fire at Nairobi will be resolved by then...thanks!

4 replies to this topic
nyc
1. Re: Transfer times for BA night flight to London

No one likes to hang out at airports longer than necessary.

That said, and though the later flight from DAR is temptingk, if delayed or even canceled... you're out of luck.

Go with the earlier flight from DAR, collect your bags at NBO/JKIA, recheck them and wait. Have a good book or other to keep you busy till the BA flight which boarding starts about 35-45/min prior departure.

Otherwise, next BA flight isn't tiil following morning.

london
Destination Expert
for Zambia
2. Re: Transfer times for BA night flight to London

You should be able to book the whole journey all the way through with BA- I think they partner with Precision for the NBO-Dar leg. In that case, you should be able to check your bags all the way through, and I don't think a 2 hour connection time should be a problem. Of course, there's always a possibility of delay or cancellation but if the two legs are booked together if you did miss the connection it's down to BA to put you on the next flight.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Aruba
reviews: 82
3. Re: Transfer times for BA night flight to London

We have the same issue for late January. We chose the longer layover to makes sure we don't have a problem. I personnaly chose not to chance an issue.

nyc
4. Re: Transfer times for BA night flight to London

stokeygirl makes a good point re thru-check of your bags using PW/BA.

However, as I believe the BA flight is the last out of NBO, besides Turkish Air/TKY via Istanbul at about 3:30am, any of the other possible flights BA could use to get you to London will be limited, if at all.

KLM via AMS departs after 10pm, Swiss via ZHR, believe 9pm... so you might still be stranded, have long layovers elsewhere before connecting onto LHR.

While you might be fortunate to not have any issues, as Medic_5 says... give yourself the extra time.

Reply to: Transfer times for BA night flight to London
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted