We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Review rejected

Which Nairobi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Rutland
reviews: 29
Review rejected

I just spent ages posting a positive review for Kenya Expresso Tours and it was rejected as they do not allow reviews for travel tours etc. Why on earth then are there already 192 reviews of this company. It was due to the positive reviews that I decided to go with this operator for a safari a week ago and so glad I did. I wanted to share my experience with others.

When I responded to the email rejecting it and to ask why, I get an automated reply that this email address does not accept incoming. Anyone else had this experience? I am a senior contributor and never had this problem before. Does anyone have a direct email for them?

Edited: 3:07 pm, October 01, 2013
10 replies to this topic
Minneapolis...
reviews: 97
1. Re: Review rejected

There was a major purge last year on the Tanzania sites.

Officially, TA does not accept reviews of multi-day tours. Period.

Sometimes they reject them. Sometimes they remove them. Sometimes they remove them from certain companies - like one totally disappeared - while leaving others untouched. We attempted to get clarification during "the review wars" on the Tanzania site and I, at least, never recieved a personal reply. My review was removed. When I asked that other mutlti-day tours be removed, some were, most were not. When I asked again, my account was frozen for some time.

So... that's why trip reports, including references to tour operator, dates or month of travel, and specifics should be posted here, on the sticky and available to anybody who searches the forum.

Rutland
2. Re: Review rejected

Okay thanks.

3. Re: Review rejected

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 4:05 am, October 05, 2013

Rutland
4. Re: Review rejected

Thank you very much. I thought there must be another way to skin a cat. I believe if a company has given you great service others should know about it. Also likewise, if there have been problems.

Thanks again

Gina

Edited: 8:52 am, October 02, 2013
Savannah, Georgia
5. Re: Review rejected

I had the same experience a few months ago with my review of a delightful resort, Hoi An Historic Hotel, in Vietnam. I received a form email informing me that the resort was not on their approved list. It is discouraging, when you have had a good travel experience, not to be able to give the provider a good review and share that experience with fellow travelers.

Rutland
6. Re: Review rejected

Couldn't agree more. But it is totally inequitous as they already have 192 reviews of this tour operator. There seems to be no consistency with this site. I have posted my review on two other sites so at least my recommendations are out there, albeit not yet on TA.

Minneapolis...
reviews: 97
7. Re: Review rejected

The two cases above are apples and oranges.

Not accepting the review of a multi-day tour is simply following their own rules... (and yes - I know there is no consistency and the other 192 reviews should be taken down unless they are about day-tours...)

But the hotel review... I have often reviewed lodgings, restaurants, and attraction that were not on TA - yet. If they are given the locations and contact information, TA has always added the entries and my review.

I'd hate to have people turned off to writing such reviews... they are the foundation of Tripadvisor's usefullness to travelers. Every time we find something special and share it with the TA community, traveling is enriched...

Amsterdam, The...
reviews: 2
8. Re: Review rejected

It has happen to my reviews too. Hoping they will not reject them again.

Jakarta, Indonesia
reviews: 275
9. Re: Review rejected

I get it often.

If its a good review than its too bad for them. allthis time when I give a very bad review esp when someone really throw their attitude and scold me out of nothing like grumpy restaurant and all and they reject it, I really feel I want to slap their face. some are big companies and chained restaurants, like joel robuchon he reported it twice. and then another restaurant in indonesia and many more.

so yeah, it happen. and sometimes we just need to swallow it.

one year passed after the nasty treatment in joel robuchon and the comment I sent was rejected, I walk pass a week ago and the business is down. no matter they try to cover bad meat, they cant hide the smell. =)

Rutland
10. Re: Review rejected

I think it must all depend on who is on the selection panel at the time as I sent the review to my sister to post with a tiny bit of editing and they have posted it!! I have to say that it is a very good site which I regularly use before travelling and booking hotels and restaurants and can save you the disappointment of booking a bad one. This is why I always post reviews of my experiences of them in return. Thanks for your response.

Reply to: Review rejected
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted