We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

safari link or air kenya?

Which Nairobi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Jakarta, Indonesia
reviews: 281
safari link or air kenya?

Hi all,

My flight from johannesburg arrive at 6am in the morning and my next flight at wilson to masai mara is at 10. do you think I have enough time to move to another airport?

I asked my tent in masai mara, they told me if I am flying by 6 person I can charter one flight for our group. anyone has an idea how much is the fee to hire them?

since I will be traveling without an agent, I wonder where can I keep my luggage? and I was planning to spend 2 nights in fairmont mount kenya, but I have no idea of the location. do I need to take another airflight from masai mara or nairobi?

please advice

thank you thank you

Nairobi, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Kenya
reviews: 150
1. Re: safari link or air kenya?

If you land at 6.00 am, traffic from the International Airport to Wilson Airport can be horrendous. You should be able to make it, but there is a high chance you may not. Try and clear customs and immigration as quickly as you can, and take a taxi to Wilson Airport.

A charter flight from JKIA to Mara for 6 pax would be approx. US$2000 one way.

From Mara to Mt. Kenya - you would need to fly back via Nairobi to Nanyuki. There is a flight from Nayuki to Mara but not from Mara to Nanyuki.

I would fly with Safarilink - http://www.flysafarilink.com/index.asp

You can ask Safarilink to keep your excess luggage in Nairobi.

2. Re: safari link or air kenya?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, September 28, 2014