We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

from JKA Nairobi to Kampala by bus

Which Nairobi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Cairo, Egypt
reviews: 27
from JKA Nairobi to Kampala by bus

i will arrive late at JKA and want to go directly to the earliest bus that heading Kampala ..how and where ? is there any direct bus from the Airport ?

Nairobi, Kenya
1. Re: from JKA Nairobi to Kampala by bus

No direct bus from Airport but you have to take a taxi from Airport to Town center where the bus stage for Kampala is .It around $ 20-25 to town

Nairobi
2. Re: from JKA Nairobi to Kampala by bus

Depends on the time you arrive at JKIA, most buses to Kampala depart at 0700hrs in the morning and 7 in the evening, if arriving late like 10pm you may have to overnight and take the morning bus.

Hope this helps

Allan

Cairo, Egypt
3. Re: from JKA Nairobi to Kampala by bus

thanks alot

Cairo, Egypt
4. Re: from JKA Nairobi to Kampala by bus

thanks Allan ,

Do you think I can catch Kampala bus if I will us the bus no 34 from the airport or better to take the expensive Taxi so I will reach on time ?

Nairobi
5. Re: from JKA Nairobi to Kampala by bus

Hi

I do not know the time you land at JKIA, bus number 34 ends at Ambassadeur stage in the city centre which is close to the Easy coach bus to Kampala, speak nicely to the bus crew to drop you off near the bus offices at Railways on their way to the terminus.

Good luck

Allan

Cairo, Egypt
6. Re: from JKA Nairobi to Kampala by bus

I will arrive at midnight so I believe I will wait at the airport till the early morning then I will move forward

Thanks so much for your answers ,,really appreciate it

Nairobi
7. Re: from JKA Nairobi to Kampala by bus

Glad I was able to help, ensure that you get the earliest bus to the city centre or else you will be caught up in morning traffic jams and miss the bus. The best would be departure from the airport before 6 am to make it for the 7am departure, you will still need to the office and pay to be allocated a seat.

Enjoy your holiday

Allan

8. Re: from JKA Nairobi to Kampala by bus

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:22 am, September 27, 2014