We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Late arrival in Nairobi Jomo, wait and transfer to Wilson

Which Nairobi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Stavanger, Norway
reviews: 12
Late arrival in Nairobi Jomo, wait and transfer to Wilson

Hi,

We will be arriving at Nairobi Jomo airport at 03:45, and our next flight leaves from Nairobi Wilson at 09:15.

Is it possible/safe/advisable to wait at Nairobi Jomo (in the arrival area, after locating our luggage) for a few hours prior to taking a taxi/car service to Nairobi Wilson?

Can anyone advise on where at Jomo we could wait?

From what i understand Wilson is a small airport, so we should delay getting there until 7ish, but getting a hotel just to stay 3 hours seems unecessary and expensive..

Can we just get a car/taxi at the airport for the transfer, or should we reserve one in advance? If so, does anyone have any tips on decent car services?

Regards,

Fordingbridge...
reviews: 159
1. Re: Late arrival in Nairobi Jomo, wait and transfer to Wilson

I think that the Aero Club of East Africa at Wilson would be able to look after you. I think that they have a night porter & for a reasonable price they might let you have a room for a couple of hours. At least that would give you a chance to freshen up with a shower. They also do an excellent breakfast & it's only a 5 minute walk to the Wilson check in.

I'm sure that Anthea will be only too willing to give you assistance & it's only a 20 minute taxi ride from JKIA,

http://www.aeroclubea.com/

Newcastle upon...
reviews: 34
2. Re: Late arrival in Nairobi Jomo, wait and transfer to Wilson

You land 0345. So, say you clear customs, collect luggage and are clear by 0400.Then say you have to be at Wilson 0800 for your connection then that gives you around 4 hours. Jomo to Wilson can be done in 20mins but can also take an hour or more in Nbi traffic, just do not leave it too late due to this crossing over airports.

Fordingbridge...
3. Re: Late arrival in Nairobi Jomo, wait and transfer to Wilson

Leaving JKIA for Wilson at 04.00 hours will not take any more than 20 minutes I can assure you.

4. Re: Late arrival in Nairobi Jomo, wait and transfer to Wilson

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines with regards to the participation of business representatives.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:31 am, August 07, 2014
Nairobi, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Kenya
reviews: 153
5. Re: Late arrival in Nairobi Jomo, wait and transfer to Wilson

Agree with the other posts as well. If you land at 0345, by the time you get your luggage and get out, it will be closer to 0430/0500. Take a taxi at 0530 to Wilson and hang out at Aero Club. Traffic starts to pick up at 0600, so best to avoid that. The breakfast at Aeroclub is excellent.

nyc
6. Re: Late arrival in Nairobi Jomo, wait and transfer to Wilson

Another vote for the Aero Club. Nothing fancy, but clean and ideal or a shower and maybe a few Zzzzs.

Breakfast though, I don't believe is included in their very reasonable room rate. But you can take breakfast a steps away also at a reasonable price.

Stavanger, Norway
reviews: 12
7. Re: Late arrival in Nairobi Jomo, wait and transfer to Wilson

Thank you for the replies, I've sent an e-mail to Aero Club.

One more question: we will return at Wilson on a friday at 11.45, and have a choice of booking our next flights from Jomo departing either 15.00 or 18.50 (to Zanzibar). Is 3 hours from arrival to departure enough, or should we book the later flight?

Fordingbridge...
8. Re: Late arrival in Nairobi Jomo, wait and transfer to Wilson

You should be OK for the 15.00 flight. The heavy traffic is into Nairobi city centre & you will be going in the opposite direction. Just make sure that you have pre booked a taxi to take you to JKIA.

9. Re: Late arrival in Nairobi Jomo, wait and transfer to Wilson

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, September 18, 2014